Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T 2nd SP approval opinions needed

tag
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

BB&T 2nd SP approval opinions needed

Hey myFICO, still rebuilding my revolving part of my credit profile. I have 6 card, with 2 about to turn 1 yrs old. Total CL is 35.5k; thanks to NFCU. I have the BB&T Cash Rewards 4.5k, and just got another SP approval for all their cards, which likely will be another 4.5k. The only card that interest me is their travel card! With the future merge of SunTrust and BB&T, does anybody thinks they will have a better travel product after the merger?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BB&T 2nd SP approval opinions needed

@Heatt99 wrote:
Hey myFICO, still rebuilding my revolving part of my credit profile. I have 6 card, with 2 about to turn 1 yrs old. Total CL is 35.5k; thanks to NFCU. I have the BB&T Cash Rewards 4.5k, and just got another SP approval for all their cards, which likely will be another 4.5k. The only card that interest me is their travel card! With the future merge of SunTrust and BB&T, does anybody thinks they will have a better travel product after the merger?

Its quite possible after the merger if they want to play more with the big dogs that a new card might come out, but it depends whether their current offerings work for you wiht the travel card and you are correct if you are pre-qualified for another card 95%+ chance it will be the same CL regardless whether your CR has gotten better etc as I use to have two BB&T and first one I got when eq was 720ish for 6500 and most recent one when SP came around was also 6500 at 780ish FICO.. They tend to keep the same CL's as other cards you already have with them which can be a bit annoying depending on your situation.

Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Heatt99 wrote:

Unfortunately, other than speculation, there's no way to know for sure, OP.   I would hold off in the off-chance they may low-ball your SL with any prospective pre-approvals, especially if you'd had a slew of new accounts in less than a year given your overall profile.  If you're ok with another ~$4.5K card (give or take), your deicsion though.  Just keep in mind (long-term wise) CLIs are HP.

Message 3 of 4
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I’d just wait it out and see! Just my thoughts though. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.