cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?

AJ67
Member

BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?

I heard that some credit cards automatically increase credit limits on an ongoing basis.  However, for example Capital one card increased my credit limit automatically only once at the beginning. After that I had to request the increase. So I'm wondering about BCE policy as to CLI.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Slabenstein
Established Contributor

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?

Amex does give auto-CLI's, tho I don't know what, if any, circumstances would tend to trigger them.  You don't hear about them here that often b/c Amex's generous SP cardholder-initiated CLI's mean most MyFICOers will ask for one pretty much whenever they're eligible.


Message 2 of 20
Overmedicated
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?


@AJ67 wrote:

I heard that some credit cards automatically increase credit limits on an ongoing basis.  However, for example Capital one card increased my credit limit automatically only once at the beginning. After that I had to request the increase. So I'm wondering about BCE policy as to CLI.


I would say that there aren't many people in these forums that wait for an auto CLI.  It's easy with Amex to request yourself.

 FICO 8
Message 3 of 20
AJ67
Member

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?


@Slabenstein wrote:

Amex does give auto-CLI's, tho I don't know what, if any, circumstances would tend to trigger them.  You don't hear about them here that often b/c Amex's generous SP cardholder-initiated CLI's mean most MyFICOers will ask for one pretty much whenever they're eligible.


Thanks. Do you know if they do a hard or soft credit inquiry when we request CLI?

Message 4 of 20
AJ67
Member

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?


@Overmedicated wrote:

@AJ67 wrote:

I heard that some credit cards automatically increase credit limits on an ongoing basis.  However, for example Capital one card increased my credit limit automatically only once at the beginning. After that I had to request the increase. So I'm wondering about BCE policy as to CLI.


I would say that there aren't many people in these forums that wait for an auto CLI.  It's easy with Amex to request yourself.


If it's that easy to request it...then it must be a soft credit inquiry...I hope!

Message 5 of 20
Slabenstein
Established Contributor

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?


@AJ67 wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

Amex does give auto-CLI's, tho I don't know what, if any, circumstances would tend to trigger them.  You don't hear about them here that often b/c Amex's generous SP cardholder-initiated CLI's mean most MyFICOers will ask for one pretty much whenever they're eligible.


Thanks. Do you know if they do a hard or soft credit inquiry when we request CLI?


SP = soft pull.  This thread is a good reference for Amex's CLI practices: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110... 


Message 6 of 20
AJ67
Member

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?


@Slabenstein wrote:

@AJ67 wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

Amex does give auto-CLI's, tho I don't know what, if any, circumstances would tend to trigger them.  You don't hear about them here that often b/c Amex's generous SP cardholder-initiated CLI's mean most MyFICOers will ask for one pretty much whenever they're eligible.


Thanks. Do you know if they do a hard or soft credit inquiry when we request CLI?


SP = soft pull.  This thread is a good reference for Amex's CLI practices: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110... 


Thank you so much. I'm still not clear on whether or not Amex would automatically increase CL. The thread was focused on requests for CLI. I have only requested CLI for my Capital One credit card. All my other credit cards automatically increased my CL.

Message 7 of 20
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Valued Contributor

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?


@AJ67 wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

@AJ67 wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

Amex does give auto-CLI's, tho I don't know what, if any, circumstances would tend to trigger them.  You don't hear about them here that often b/c Amex's generous SP cardholder-initiated CLI's mean most MyFICOers will ask for one pretty much whenever they're eligible.


Thanks. Do you know if they do a hard or soft credit inquiry when we request CLI?


SP = soft pull.  This thread is a good reference for Amex's CLI practices: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110... 


Thank you so much. I'm still not clear on whether or not Amex would automatically increase CL. The thread was focused on requests for CLI. I have only requested CLI for my Capital One credit card. All my other credit cards automatically increased my CL.


AMEX has done auto CLI. The other members in this thread are just saying they don't know what exactly triggers the auto CLI.

NFCU More Rewards 24K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 4000 CL
Discover IT 1,000 CL
Quicksilver 600 CL (formerly Platinum)
NFCU auto loan
*We survived it, now comes the progress*
Previously Bowiefan
Message 8 of 20
scfc1972
Valued Member

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?

My BCE started at $2k and now up to $18k. Less than 18 months I have had the card. None of the CLIs were auto.

Capital One - Secured Platinum $500
Capital One - Quicksilver $8000
Wells Fargo - Cash Wise $2000
American Express - Blue Cash Everyday $18000
American Express - Hilton Honors $2000
Apple Card $6500
American Express - Gold NPSL
Amazon Store Card $6300
Citi - Double Cash $6200
American Express - Blue Business Plus - $2000
American Express - Amazon Business - $3000
American Express - Platinum NPSL
Well Fargo Auto Loan - 21,686 60 months @5.5
Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BCE: Auto CLI or by Request Only?


@Overmedicated wrote:

@AJ67 wrote:

I heard that some credit cards automatically increase credit limits on an ongoing basis.  However, for example Capital one card increased my credit limit automatically only once at the beginning. After that I had to request the increase. So I'm wondering about BCE policy as to CLI.


I would say that there aren't many people in these forums that wait for an auto CLI.  It's easy with Amex to request yourself.


There are a few who do wait/expect on them like the second comingSmiley Wink. They will try to overspend in hopes of pushing an auto onto their plate  but it usually doesnt work out in their favorSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.