Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Apr decrease and interesting card offer

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

BOA Apr decrease and interesting card offer

Today I decided to try and get an APR decrease on my Better Balance Rewards MC and was pleasantly surprised to get one. Was lowered from 21.49 to 19.49 . Very happy.

Now the weird thing is what I see when I log in to my account and put it on desktop site. I never see any offers etc but I noticed I have an invitation to the Cash Rewards cc. I of course assume its marketing as I've tried before for this card and it was a no go. I'm maxed with Boa at 10.7k , no more cli through 3 straight strikeouts so I know I'd still get rejected. But the apr was set at 21.49.

Maybe since they got paid, I move my balance from them to Navy, maybe it's a small gesture lol. I also have an offer for $100 checking account and the guy I spoke on the phone said if I owned a business I was invited to apply for something, forget exactly what it was. At least my phone calls to them have always been pleasant.Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Apr decrease and interesting card offer

Nice APR reduction!

Message 2 of 24
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats AJC! 🤠

Message 3 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Today I decided to try and get an APR decrease on my Better Balance Rewards MC and was pleasantly surprised to get one. Was lowered from 21.49 to 19.49 . Very happy.

Now the weird thing is what I see when I log in to my account and put it on desktop site. I never see any offers etc but I noticed I have an invitation to the Cash Rewards cc. I of course assume its marketing as I've tried before for this card and it was a no go. I'm maxed with Boa at 10.7k , no more cli through 3 straight strikeouts so I know I'd still get rejected. But the apr was set at 21.49.

Maybe since they got paid, I move my balance from them to Navy, maybe it's a small gesture lol. I also have an offer for $100 checking account and the guy I spoke on the phone said if I owned a business I was invited to apply for something, forget exactly what it was. At least my phone calls to them have always been pleasant.Smiley Happy

Very nice!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm not suggesting you should apply for a card that you don't need, but I think it might (?) be more than a coincidence.  I would be interested to hear reports from others who have received a similar offer from BoA with a set APR.

If you're otherwise interested it might be worth some thought... Smiley Wink

P.S.  Just because you were 'maxed' out before doesn't mean you definitely are now, since you have more history than before and you have demonstrated that you can pay them off.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah that's an interesting point UncleB. I would go for it lol but since Ii just finished my WF SUB, I still have Discover cash back year to fulfill. I didn't buy my AC lol with my tax return so I still need one. If I put on some monthly bills I may be able to break a $150 for $500 sub. Basically to offset the ac lol. Well see.

Hey UncleB do you know when I get the $200 cb from WF, does it have to be statement credit or can I have it deposited to my non WF checking? ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 24
outofcredit
Established Contributor

I got the offer for the $100 checking bonus last year. I opened the Core Checking account and didn't really want to "switch" my direct deposit to BOA so I pushed a $250 transfer from my Wells Fargo account to BOA and triggered the bonus to post. I think you have to leave the account open for at least six months though. I did eventually switch my direct deposit for a few months to avoid the $12 monthly maintenance fee so I don't know if the Well Fargo transfers would have continued to satisfy the direct deposit requirement.  Anyway, about to close BOA account in a couple months because, unfortunately, we no longer have any local BOA offices where I live, but the bonus was nice!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 6 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hey UncleB do you know when I get the $200 cb from WF, does it have to be statement credit or can I have it deposited to my non WF checking? ThanksSmiley Happy

That's a good question; unfortunately since my WF Propel Amex was approved last year a couple of weeks before they were offering any sign up bonus at all (just my luck) I didn't get to see for myself, so I'll have to defer to someone else for a definitive answer.  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yeah that's an interesting point UncleB. I would go for it lol but since Ii just finished my WF SUB, I still have Discover cash back year to fulfill. I didn't buy my AC lol with my tax return so I still need one. If I put on some monthly bills I may be able to break a $150 for $500 sub. Basically to offset the ac lol. Well see.

I'm not sayin' he's encouraging you but he's encouraging you Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, I got the Jago22 jittersSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.