cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Cash Rewards PRE-SELECTED Question...

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

BOA Cash Rewards PRE-SELECTED Question...

When I have tried to qualify online for BOA Cash Rewards over the last few years, no matching offers.  I just received a "pre-selected" offer from BOA for the Cash Rewards. Any ideas on the reliability or what SL have looked like. My scores are all above 770.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Cash Rewards PRE-SELECTED Question...

Pre-selected sounds like marketing.

Your scores seem fine to me, but I don't know your other history. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Message 2 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If the offer wasn't extended through the online Activity Center it isn't a preapproval. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 6
RootDet
Established Contributor

Pre-selected is code for "We paid the CRA to give USA list of names/addresses to people who might want our product". If the letter does not have the Opt-Out language, then it is not a pre-approval and has zero reflection on your odds of approval. 

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

Pre-selected is code for "We paid the CRA to give USA list of names/addresses to people who might want our product". If the letter does not have the Opt-Out language, then it is not a pre-approval and has zero reflection on your odds of approval. 

BoA is a funny bird when it comes to offers to apply vs preselections vs preapprovals.  By definition offers they make via USPS aren't preapprovals regardless of whether or not they include opt-out language. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

When I have tried to qualify online for BOA Cash Rewards over the last few years, no matching offers.  I just received a "pre-selected" offer from BOA for the Cash Rewards. Any ideas on the reliability or what SL have looked like. My scores are all above 770.

I would look at the letter mom got one in the mail the other day said preselected but had a solid APR of 15.99%.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.