Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Declined

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Declined

I would call back and try again. If the 2nd analyst will not bend, I would ask about the secured card you were offered online. You have taken the hp. May as well get something out of it. Many many of us started with a secured as a "foot in the door" with BOA. Mines unsecured at 6 months. Some have done it in 5 months. My $300 secured is now $20k unsecured in under 2 years.

BOA really are sticklers about wanting to see good solid revolving history before approving an unsecured out the gate. They care more about that than score.
Message 21 of 36
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

You guys are making me re-think the secured card. What does it show up as on your report? Does it look any different than a un-secured card? Also, can you get your money back at any time?

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 22 of 36
baller4life
Super Contributor

It reports as a secured which is not a big deal. As soon as it is unsecured, you get your money back and it reports as unsecured.
Message 23 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about denial on recon... I certainly would try another analyst though maybe one in another mood?  I am not sure I would do secured as you have a very well established credit profile from the lenders you mentioned along your scores.. Honesly BofA doesn't have the best CC's either IMO, just wantd them as another bank to be with is why I ended up applying for them.  Other lenders such as Chase are superior in their offerings IMO

Message 24 of 36
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

It's funny you say that CC, because I was looking at their credit card offerings last night and they weren't all that great. Between the BCP, which I have, and the new Costco card the 123 rewards card is starting to leave a bit to be desired. Obviously I still wanted it for the bonus but more importantly I had been under the impression they were a very generous and solid bank. But from some of the PM's and other stories I've read there is some weird quirkiness about them too.

I have to agree with you CC that if it does report as secured I'm not willing to "regress" at this point for them. I think it would look silly with 4 $10k cards and a $500 secured card lol. I don't know. Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture and the other guys are right that it will graduate soon. My luck it will never graduate and it will be on my report for 10 years lol.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 25 of 36
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

It's funny you say that CC, because I was looking at their credit card offerings last night and they weren't all that great. Between the BCP, which I have, and the new Costco card the 123 rewards card is starting to leave a bit to be desired. Obviously I still wanted it for the bonus but more importantly I had been under the impression they were a very generous and solid bank. But from some of the PM's and other stories I've read there is some weird quirkiness about them too.

I have to agree with you CC that if it does report as secured I'm not willing to "regress" at this point for them. I think it would look silly with 4 $10k cards and a $500 secured card lol. I don't know. Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture and the other guys are right that it will graduate soon. My luck it will never graduate and it will be on my report for 10 years lol.

Lol. You really aren't missing out on a whole lot with BOA. They are very generous. But, can be quirky. I got my secured very early in my rebuild. You have some well established lines with nice limits already. I was just looking at it from the standpoint that you had already burned the hp and wanted to build a relationship with BOA.

Message 26 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

BOA's CC are not the best, but not the worst. Very middle of the road. On the plus side, that makes them probably less likely to suffer extreme nerfing. Unless you have Preferred Rewards status, the rewards are pretty average.

Anyway, BOA's recon does note each call, but it's probably worth a second try. After that you may be wasting your time.  Unlike some banks, a BOA secured card does often graduate so it's not like you're stuck with some piece of junk card forever. You could just take it and let it grow. But with your scores, I feel like a secured card is kind of a ridiculous offer, so if it were me, I'd probably just wait and reapply later. BOA is new account and inquiry sensitive so I think that's your main issue here. Laying off of new accounts for awhile and applying later will probably yield success.

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I am not sure I would do secured as you have a very well established credit profile from the lenders you mentioned along with your scores.. Honesly BofA doesn't have the best CC's either IMO, just wanted them as another bank to be in with is why I ended up applying for them.  Other lenders such as Chase are superior in their offerings IMO

+1 CC

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't mean to hijack your thread OP, I want to share my experience with BoA Recon. I apped for the BBR card but got instant denial, called the next day and spoke to a lady credit analyst but no luck and she said the denial was because of my Inqs. Well, she's right I got about 15 Inqs on my EX at time of app. Called the next day to try again for a recon and asked to move some amount from my Cash rewards card to open the BBR card but I was not successful and the funny thing is that it's the same Credit analyst I spoke to the first recon and she said "I spoke to you the other day that we can't extend you another card due to the number of Inqs" and now it makes me a little nervous that I spoke to her again and me wanting another CC Smiley Sad. I hope I did not poke the bear there Smiley Sad. I don't know now if I should call for the 3rd time and recon. I'm quite scared to call now and might be forwarded to her again Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 36
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't mean to hijack your thread OP, I want to share my experience with BoA Recon. I apped for the BBR card but got instant denial, called the next day and spoke to a lady credit analyst but no luck and she said the denial was because of my Inqs. Well, she's right I got about 15 Inqs on my EX at time of app. Called the next day to try again for a recon and asked to move some amount from my Cash rewards card to open the BBR card but I was not successful and the funny thing is that it's the same Credit analyst I spoke to the first recon and she said "I spoke to you the other day that we can't extend you another card due to the number of Inqs" and now it makes me a little nervous that I spoke to her again and me wanting another CC Smiley Sad. I hope I did not poke the bear there Smiley Sad. I don't know now if I should call for the 3rd time and recon. I'm quite scared to call now and might be forwarded to her again Smiley Sad

There comes a time when you just have to cut your losses and move on...it seems you're at that point.  

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.