Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFA Application Result

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOFA Application Result

So the denial letter from BofA is valid.
Message 21 of 31
TheConstant
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Becuase I didnt had credit and I had 19 collections sitting for 7 yrs and 4 re posted and I fought and cleanned up and that time the score was bad so I left it alone til last year I decided to use Self Lender to built some history. That is where I landed these cards.

Is it possible some of those collections are still reporting? Large bank core cards are usually tougher to get and they'll require next to no collections/public records

Goal Score:800

[ AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $34500 ]
[ Chase Sapphire Reserve - $22400 ]
[ BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $31000 ]
[ BofA Cash Rewards - $18000 ]
[ Citi AAdvantage Platinum - $15000 ]
[ Chase Freedom Flex - $12000 ]
[ Cap. One QS - $7800 ]
[ Cap. One QS - $7000 ]
[ AmEx EveryDay Preferred - $5000 ]
[ Discover IT - $4500 ]
Message 22 of 31
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Major banks are not a fan of collection accounts/charge offs/etc. Discover has given you a decent credit line for where you're at with your current stats. Gardening will serve you two fold. Letting the bad stuff go further and further into the past while showing positive history with your current line up.

Have you tried to get PFD's on your reporting collections?

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collections was removed months ago and I checked my CR yesterday, it shows zero collections and public records. Even I have 100% ontime payment history.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The collections was removed months ago and I checked my CR yesterday, it shows zero collections and public records. Even I have 100% ontime payment history.

Ok, so what's the next step and plans for the future?

a.) garden and focus on CLI's

b.) apply for more cards

Message 25 of 31
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your current balances on your accounts? With all the negatives gone, something is weighing your scores down. A 14 year AAoA is solid! You've got enough cards that with no baddies and that AAoA, you should be in the upper 700's unless you're carrying high balances.

Also curious, does Bread Financing show as a loan or a revolving account. I haven't heard of that one before. If it's a loan, then it should be helping you with your credit mix, even further boosting your profile.

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Banks don't just look at your credit report when making lending decisions.  If you burned BofA or one of its affiliates in the past, you will find it difficult to obtain credit from them even though the derogatory is no longer on your credit report.  Banks can keep their internal records of your relationship with them for as long as the choose.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also reading by the rejection letter you applied for WMC and your highest limit is already only 5k w Discover.
I have had a bank account with BofA 30plus years and a trading account fir some time and scores in 700s and im gun shy.
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sorry your application was denied.

I am sure you will get some great cards in the future. Just hang in there.
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you had 19 collections then I hope you learned your lesson and figured out the proper way to use credit now that you are back in the game. As someone who’s messed up his credit twice I would make sure you have a better understanding so that doesn’t happen again.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.