Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Numbers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Backdoor Numbers

Discover's "backdoor" recon line is invalid. As in, they do not have a recon department. Niether does AMEX. They all say they don't do that.

Message 341 of 385
dlsafety
New Visitor

HSBC SECURITY DEPT 866-926-3804 8am-5pm M-F

Was sent to here when I call to check on app.
Before this I had a freeze. I was told to wait 2 days before I could apply. Due to they could not use my orginal app.
Message 342 of 385
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover's "backdoor" recon line is invalid. As in, they do not have a recon department. Niether does AMEX. They all say they don't do that.

Amex does have a recon department. They may not call it that, but, if you are denied for a card, you can request reconsideration, and they will reconsider you. How I know: I did this in August. I didn't call a special number, just normal customer service. They filed the request for me, and I got a letter in the mail a week later standing by the decision.

(I then noticed the very night that I got the letter that I was now "prequalified" for the card they had just denied me for; checked, and I was also "preapproved" for it; applied and got it. Which was weird as far as timing, but I think it's simply a matter of me passing some time threshold. Specifically, my Gold Card ticked over a month old while the letter was in the mail.)

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 343 of 385
DarthJR
Valued Member

Synchrony line ending in 6441 indicates on multiple calls that they do not have the power to recon any lines and indicated i can reapply and that any info related to synchrony even if it is incorrect will pull from the CB's instead of their own info. 

tried overseas and got same info. they didnt even get to my SSN dob or anything.. literally 5 attempts each.

same thing. they do not do recon LOL

Message 344 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

back door number for BBVA bank?

Message 345 of 385
cgeefly
New Contributor

Re: Backdoor number for Synchrony bank

What number did you use for Synchrony Bank?

The number I tried, 855 519 6441, was disconnected.

Please advise

Message 346 of 385
cgeefly
New Contributor

Re: Backdoor number for Synchrony bank

Hi

I am a Forum newbie.

What is the difference between the two Synchrony numbers listed?

Is one better than the other for CLI's?

Thanks in advance!

Message 347 of 385
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much for this. ... i'd come across it somewhere before but couldnt locate it today to save my life! (-_-)

Just joined the gardening club so reconning should curb my trigger finger for a while.

*fingers crossed*

Message 348 of 385
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

from page 1:

DEAD: BofA:  866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst) ~corymcdd88 

Message 349 of 385
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dogmeat wrote:

from page 1:

DEAD: BofA:  866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst) ~corymcdd88 

Thanks for the heads up.  Confirmed as a non-working # and removed from the list. 

Message 350 of 385
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.