Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer fee?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer fee?

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanx! Do u know of any cards that are NOT CU cards but gave a very low apr like CU 's?

There aren't many in the wild since the crisis of 2008. 

go here for an extensive list of cards -  https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/best-credit-card-sign-up-offers/

There's a user here though that specializes in LOW APR cards - galahad15

Message 11 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  At this point, if you want better recommendation, you'll need to list the cards you already have, with their age, limits and balances. 

Most approvals are profile dependent, and we're just shooting suggestions that may not be feasible for you at this time. 

Also, depending on the apr on your existing cards, a card with 3% BT fee is still a better option than to continue paying interest if you dont know how long it will take you to pay that $700.00 off. 

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. It's a Barclay card @ 19% for $700 that I'm looking to transfer. I can pay it off in about 6 months. I just got an Amex blue cash card and a Citi rewards that both have transfer fee of 3% but the Citi has a 0% apr for 15 months but then 18% which isn't a problem. I was just wanting to see if I could get a $0 transfer fee, pay my balance off and then have a really low ongoing rate for use in emergencies In the future. I know 18% is alright but it's variable so if the prime fluctuates I don't want to have an emergency with a balance at who knows what kind of apr.. Know what I mean?
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh "profile dependant"
Hmm. Ok
I have 3 citi bank cards with 12k CL (all together ) Barclay with 5000 CL
2 cap 1 with 3500 CL (total)
3,700$ debt on citi and 700$ debt on Barclay
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also other cards with 0 balance
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 5, 6 years old except Cap1 it's about 10
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would still say in your short term go w/ Amex depending on your EX score and if you have had a previous relationship with them.

Then start the deeper hunt for a long term low APR card.

The $700 even w/ 3% is a $21 fee.  The $3500 on the other hand is a bit more.  If you can get 5K out of Amex on the ED $0/0% then move everything in one fell swoop and pay it off before the offer period ends.

Message 17 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you're not averse to another new account, wait a couple of months. By that time you may be eligible for SP approval on ED. Dont know if you'll have any use for it after the BT, but it's certainly an option. 

Otherwise, it's CU all the way. 

I would not go for Slate right now because of the new accounts. 

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

What SP approval?
I applied for Ed and got it but I canceled it cuz I wanted the BCE. And later noticed ED had 0$ transfer fee. I'm kicking myself for that one 😀
Message 19 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

SP approval is getting a new account without a hard pull. 

I'm not sure if they will approve you for another one, I'll defer to Amex people on that one 

Kick yourself a few more times, though 😐😂

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.