Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Request

After manually graduating my secured card this morning, I requested a credit limit increase from $2k to $5k.  I was told that I would have my results in 5-7 days.  Any idea how I should proceed? What I should expect?  Any tricks that might get me an approval?  Any way to recon without a final decision? etc? etc?

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Request

@Anonymouswrote:

After manually graduating my secured card this morning, I requested a credit limit increase from $2k to $5k.  I was told that I would have my results in 5-7 days.  Any idea how I should proceed? What I should expect?  Any tricks that might get me an approval?  Any way to recon without a final decision? etc? etc?

Thanks guys!

I find that with BoA’s CLI’s, if they’re not immediate, it’s usually a denial. They probably want to see some usage at the unsecured limit before opening the doors a little more. 

I would caution you to slow down a bit with them, and don’t waste any more HP’s. Now that the card is unsecured, give it some usage, and wait for the CLI link to appear in your online account. Once it does, you can take the HP, and ask for a high amount. They’ll counter with their max. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Thanks guys!

I find that with BoA’s CLI’s, if they’re not immediate, it’s usually a denial. They probably want to see some usage at the unsecured limit before opening the doors a little more. 

I would caution you to slow down a bit with them, and don’t waste any more HP’s. Now that the card is unsecured, give it some usage, and wait for the CLI link to appear in your online account. Once it does, you can take the HP, and ask for a high amount. They’ll counter with their max. 

I will definitely be cautious.

FYI--I already have the CLI luv button in my online account!!

Thanks for the information!!

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, sounds like a denial. You can recon but it would most likely be another hp and most likely be wasted. I have found that even though the link shows up its not always a sure thing. My journey up was fun but i wasted 3 straight hps to realize they wont extend me any more credit than 10k and till this day that blue line haunts me everytime i login.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep yep.  Denial.  Too many reasons to mention, whcih were all very true.  lolol.

Everyone starts somewhere, though!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.