cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of the West app

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Bank of the West app

I am a current Bank of the West deposit customer (one year) and applied for a credit card today.  I applied while logged in, but still received security questions (past addresses, etc).  I got a "further review" 7-10 message at the end of the security questions after it spun for about 30 seconds.  I still have not received a credit inquiry on any of the three bureaus.  Does that mean I didn't pass the security questions?  

Just so frustrating because I'm already a customer.  The sales team is off today so no one to call, just didn't know if anyone had any experience.

My EX (lowest score) is 769 from the Fico site.  EQ is 803 and TransUnion is 795.

I just hate applying for anything, always makes me just sick.

Thanks everyone

UPDATE:

Called customer service this morning and the representative said I was approved but wasn't allowed to tell me the limit.  I don't see it on my Bank of the West online checking/savings, so if they add the account there, I'll update what it is.  I just did a fresh pull of all three of my credit reports and still do not see an inquiry, so I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  Lol  thanks for the kind words

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of the West app

@BigHair wrote:

I am a current Bank of the West deposit customer (one year) and applied for a credit card today.  I applied while logged in, but still received security questions (past addresses, etc).  I got a "further review" 7-10 message at the end of the security questions after it spun for about 30 seconds.  I still have not received a credit inquiry on any of the three bureaus.  Does that mean I didn't pass the security questions?  

Just so frustrating because I'm already a customer.  The sales team is off today so no one to call, just didn't know if anyone had any experience.

My EX (lowest score) is 769 from the Fico site.  EQ is 803 and TransUnion is 795.

Thanks everyone

Applying on the weekend has it's quirks.  Very solid scores and a relationship would have me confident.

“If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
Message 2 of 13
Senior Contributor

@BigHair wrote:

Thanks everyone

Hi & Welcome To myFICO Forums

I do not know bank of the West and how they process, some Lenders are known for Manual Review of your application.

With Your scores and being a Member, I would say your chances are fairly good.

I would Call Bank of The West during Normal Bus. Hours. and ask if they need any further info?

could be something as simple as I.D. Verification.

Wishing you a good outcome.

Message 3 of 13
Established Contributor

Nice to meet a fellow BotW'er.

As suggested, I would wait until Monday and give them a call. Being a smaller bank, maybe apps are put in a queue on Sundays until the next business day.

Current

Goal Cards

Message 4 of 13

Hello! Stick with the big banks who are open on weekend.  Probably declined
Good luck next time about who to apply for on a Sunday.

Peace

Message 5 of 13

Removed a few posts.  Please choose your words more wisely as getting your thoughts across to a person can be done more tastefully.  Without saying please be FSR as this isn't optional.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 6 of 13

Thanks everyone, I’ll update good or bad when I hear something.
Message 7 of 13
Senior Contributor

@BigHair wrote:

we would love to hear your update, hopefully approved!

Message 8 of 13
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@BigHair wrote:

we would love to hear your update, hopefully approved!

If they don't approve, OP (I bet they do), you can't count on many great options from the group.

“If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
Message 9 of 13
Moderator Emeritus

@BigHair my experiences with weekend approvals that did not get the ok usually went to the regular Monday thru Friday process. US Bank, Chase and even Citi don't always have the needed departments available on the weekends (depending on the non automated approval). How do I know? They told me.
Starting Score: Unk
Current Score: 847
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.