cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays question

tag
angebange221

Barclays question

Hello! First post ever, so I apologize if I do not give out all the informatio needed to answer my questions.

I applied for the Barclay Rewards Mastercard and Apple Rewards card earlier this month. I ended up getting denied for both of the cards. 

I just received a letter stating that they needed to verify some information in order to process my application.. I never received a letter stating why I was declined either, but on the website, I checked the status of my app and they both say "decline".

What information is needed and are my chances of actually getting approved high?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays question

I am sure it is verification.  I would contact them at once and see what information they need to complete the application.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

call UW. ask them.

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@angebange221 wrote:

Hello! First post ever, so I apologize if I do not give out all the informatio needed to answer my questions.

I applied for the Barclay Rewards Mastercard and Apple Rewards card earlier this month. I ended up getting denied for both of the cards. 

I just received a letter stating that they needed to verify some information in order to process my application.. I never received a letter stating why I was declined either, but on the website, I checked the status of my app and they both say "decline".

What information is needed and are my chances of actually getting approved high?

For a little additional info, I went thru this with Barclay for the Ring card.  The app status online always said denied, I called and they said I was not denied but they wanted identity info so I sent it.  I called again and they said I still was not denied but they couldn't read the DL so I enlarged it and sent it again.  Then they sent a letter saying they needed a UT bill (which I already sent with the first documents they requested) so I sent it again.  I called about three more times and each time they said I wasn't denied but they have not received the info I sent (always tracked the items I sent thru the USPS so I know they got there) and they process it in the order it comes in so give it more time.  I did (couple weeks) and then I called again.  This time they said your voice does not match on our voice spools so we are denying your application.  I never received any formal letter notifying me with the reasons they denied me in writing (it really does not matter) but I would have liked to see the denial in writing.  This process took from April 2 to the middle of May.  With this in mind it could go either way.  You can always ask for reconsideration if they deny you.  If you really want these cards I hope that you will be successful in obtaining them.  Each case and situation is somewhat different so yours may turn out positive.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP did you call back and give the info? It sounds like you stood a chance of being approved.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Once you call them and go thru verification, let us know what happens. It really sounds like you could get this one.

Message 6 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They very rarely approve two cards at once for anyone. So most likely you will be forced to choose only one to have approved after verification. Other than that, call and see what they need and go from there.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's a card you really want.  I would make sure my credit is stellar.  Cold app and you should be fine.  Check everything in all 3 of your CA"s too.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.