Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy

tag
Jdman
New Contributor

Best Buy

I app for Best Buy card and was denied for the visa for too many inquiries. I don't want the visa and only wanted the store card to get some stuff. Did I apply for the wrong card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy

The denial applies for store and/or the Visa card.  I just had the same experience as you as well in May.  I would try again in 6 months to 1 year.  That's my plan at least.

Message 2 of 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Best Buy is one of those cards where one app I used for both. If you only qualify for store, that's what it shows, if you qualify for either, it should let you choose. At least, it used to before Citi took over.

Message 3 of 4
RootDet
Established Contributor

Did you Apply Online?

The terms online says this:

To receive an account, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness. You are applying for a My Best Buy ® Visa ® Platinum account. If, based on your creditworthiness, you do not qualify for the My Best Buy ® Visa ® Platinum account you agree that Citibank may consider you for, in order, a My Best Buy ® Credit Card account and a My Best Buy ® Visa ® Gold account.

So it means you were considered for both and turned down for both. I would wait at least 9-12 months without applying for anything else. It may just be time to garden your existing lines and wait. Also think banks like CITI and many others are more conservative due to existing stress cardholders are under. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.