Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy

tag
SemperGumby
Contributor

BestBuy

So I am thinking of apping for a Best Buy card.  I am rebuilding my credit.  Score right now is 616, but should be at about 670 in the next week when reporting updates. (I paid off a bunch of debt).  No BK's, repo's , etc.  Income is just shy of $51000. What do y'all think my odds are?  Store card or MC.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
SemperGumby
Contributor

Re: BestBuy

Bump...

Message 2 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What is the source of your scores...FICO, Vantage? What does the rest of your profile look like? AAoA, utilization?

MC is not offered, just the Visa or store card.
Message 3 of 19
SemperGumby
Contributor

Score is from Fico.  Right now it's 616, but I just paid off all of my credit cards, so my utilization will reflect something around 1%.  A couple of collections, but no BK, repo, eviction, etc.  AAoA is 3+ years.   I also just paid off a student loan, and car.  The car, student loan, and credit cards were paid in the last 30 days.  Everything I've been able to figure out , and estimate says my score should go up to about 670 once it updates at the beginning of November.

Message 4 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I would wait until your scores have gone up. It may be a bit early though. You may get approved for the store card but Citi can be flaky at times. I would try to get the collections removed before trying.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 19
SemperGumby
Contributor

Yeah, I was going to wait on the scores to go up.  **bleep** Collections.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for this card with a 633 credit score and two late payments on my credit report. I would recommend to only get this card if you shop at best buy a lot cause they havent given me a auto CLI yet. Its only HPs

Message 7 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I cancelled this card. Didn't like my interactions with Citi or it's executive office. Also, it's against ToS to bump your threads.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SemperGumby wrote:

Score is from Fico.  Right now it's 616, but I just paid off all of my credit cards, so my utilization will reflect something around 1%.  A couple of collections, but no BK, repo, eviction, etc.  AAoA is 3+ years.   I also just paid off a student loan, and car.  The car, student loan, and credit cards were paid in the last 30 days.  Everything I've been able to figure out , and estimate says my score should go up to about 670 once it updates at the beginning of November.

Just FYI -- paying off your car loan may actually cause a short-term (1-2 months) decrease in your score if you do not have any other open installment loans.

Message 9 of 19
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

I got a Best Buy Visa in May of this year.    I got a SL of $3000!  I almost fell to the floor.!   I hadn't applied for a credit card in about 8 yrs.  I had a bad financial period and just did not apply for any cards and HAD no cards.   When the customer service agent suggested I try I thought...what the hell.   She told me I was approved for a $3000 store card or the Visa.     I took the Visa but I don't like this card.  I bought a Samsung fitness watch and then a laptop for my sister; 2 separate purchases.    I came in on the 0% APR til 10/19.   Good deal!   But...it only applies to those 2 items or something like that.   I kind of ran up the card... lol  I thought I had NO INTEREST!   I saw a charge for $25 interest last month.   I am carrying a balance cause I thought I had a year to pay it off.  Now I have put it my sock drawer and won't use it anymore because I don't want to pay interest.  I owe about $2000 on it.  $1000 or so is under the 0% but the rest is accruing interest.    I will keep it but won't use it til I can pay it all off in a couple of months and then it will be an emergency card.   I  tried last month to get an increase but CTI said no.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.