Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Credit Limit Increase 5 to 30 Business Day Message

tag
Mike1014805
New Contributor

BofA Credit Limit Increase 5 to 30 Business Day Message

So I just received a message I've never seen before from BofA after requesting a CLI

"Your business is appreciated. We're giving careful consideration to your request for a credit line increase and if we have any questions we may contact you. Most of our reviews are completed in 5 business days or less, but can take up to 30 days to complete. We will send you a letter in the mail after we've completed processing your request."

Letter in the mail still means denial right? Or is there a number I can call to get an "instant" decision?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BofA Credit Limit Increase 5 to 30 Business Day Message

The message should be interpreted to only mean that the request needs to be reviewed by an analyst.   Manual reviews are normally only done during EST/EDT weekday business hours.

You can look for an email informing of a status change of your application or use the mobile app periodically to check the current CL on the card and if there was an approval or a counteroffer you'd see the updated CL online within 15 minutes.  Unfortunately if there hasn't been an update within 2 full business days it usually points to an upcoming denial.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.