cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP APP?

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

CSP APP?

DM had CSP back in 2021. Attempted to apply for CSP again today and app was auto declined. Agent said she could not have SUB again which she is perfectly fine with but is she not able to open another CSP for another 2 years or can she do the CSR and then downgrade.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
Henrico Federal Credit Union Auto Loan: 32K @ 1.74
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Biergeld
Established Member

Re: CSP APP?

Unfortunately she is excluded from applying for any sapphire card until four years after her previous bonus was issued. Does she have a Freedom or Slate card? She could product change to a CSP from one of those. 

Message 2 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CSP APP?


@Biergeld wrote:

Unfortunately she is excluded from applying for any sapphire card until four years after her previous bonus was issued. Does she have a Freedom or Slate card? She could product change to a CSP from one of those. 


I've never heard of the Sapphire 48 month rule applying toward applications, only the 1-Sapphire rule (discounting the various double-dip variants).

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 6
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP APP?

@Biergeld She does not but she does have 2 already approved offers for both freedom unlimited and freedom flex for 19k at the lowest APR.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
Henrico Federal Credit Union Auto Loan: 32K @ 1.74
Message 4 of 6
Biergeld
Established Member

Re: CSP APP?


@coldfusion wrote:

I've never heard of the Sapphire 48 month rule applying toward applications, only the 1-Sapphire rule (discounting the various double-dip variants).


Have you heard of anyone getting approved for a new Sapphire without the sign up bonus? Sapphire applications are auto declined if the applicant does not qualify for the sign up bonus. (Outside of double dip variants of course.) 

Message 5 of 6
Biergeld
Established Member

Re: CSP APP?


@Harvey26 wrote:

@Biergeld She does not but she does have 2 already approved offers for both freedom unlimited and freedom flex for 19k at the lowest APR.


She could apply for either freedom card and eventually product change it to a CSP. However, I'm unsure how Chase feels about making the product change before the first year is up. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.