Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP 1 Credit Increase soft pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAP 1 Credit Increase soft pull?

Hey guys

I submitted an increase a week or so ago and it was pending and now has been denied. They did a hard pull for this, it states on the website it will not effect my credit or pull a hard hit. Of course it did hit me with a hard hit.

I called capital one and told me I need to submit a letter to the credit dispute department. They wanted me to provide my account number, full name, dob and my social. I told them I’m not about to send that in a letter in the mail.

Is there another way I can get the hard hit removed?
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP 1 Credit Increase soft pull?

I’d like to think you have a few options other than the letter, either contact the capital one executive office or dispute directly with the credit bureau.
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I was thinking the same. I am not trying to be dumb and send all that out in the mail system.
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s not really worth fighting. You initiated a request for additional credit and they’re within their rights to perform a HP for the request. Either send them the documentation requested or just wait for it to drop off. If you dispute it, you’re just risking causing even more problems and they’ll just validate it anyway. 

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just figured because when I went on there it said it will not effect my credit and when I called they stated the same and it should not be been pulled. I am just uncomfortable putting all my personal info out there to get it removed. I will probably end up letting it go.
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just figured because when I went on there it said it will not effect my credit and when I called they stated the same and it should not be been pulled. I am just uncomfortable putting all my personal info out there to get it removed. I will probably end up letting it go.

I get why you’re upset about it but I wouldn’t want to submit all that information in the mail either when in the grand scheme of things, an HP is pretty minor. I would mail the EO and complain about it though since this is one of those times where Capital One clearly made a mistake that can be rectified by a human. 

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is again another reason why I do not have them in my wallet anymore. You are a number to them. They give you 1.5% BUT charge you a high interest rate, and give you horrible CLI.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seriously reconsidering having them in my wallet at this point. I have other cards that offer more cash back or the same. The only reason I still have them is they have a balance from a trip two trips that we had to take because both my husbands parents passed away with a 3 month period. The other is because it’s my third oldest card and not sure what canceling will do to my account age:
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I am seriously reconsidering having them in my wallet at this point. I have other cards that offer more cash back or the same. The only reason I still have them is they have a balance from a trip two trips that we had to take because both my husbands parents passed away with a 3 month period. The other is because it’s my third oldest card and not sure what canceling will do to my account age:

Canceling it won’t do anything to your account age for at least 10 years based on current scoring standards. 

I keep my Cap card because it’s trusty. I never have to worry about a transaction not going through when I use that card as long as the limit is there. I also don’t have worry about Capital One getting nervous when I use my card. Then there’s the Eno virtual card number benefit for those online transactions that I’m not too sure about. 

Capital One has issues but they’re a great reliable card to have in your wallet as a backup to your other cards and I’ll probably never close my QS because of that. 

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your thoughts. It is good to see others people opinions. I would have to agree with the points you make. I got my husband a card for this account and it is always there for trips or when he needed to get tires and I have a decent credit limit.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.