Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Auto CLI and Pre Approvals

tag
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

Chase Auto CLI and Pre Approvals

I have had a Disney Visa with Chase since 2014.  It started at 2.2k and thru only ONE auto cli it is now 5.5k. Flash forward to 3/18 and I picked up an Amazon Prime Visa with a 10.8k SL and 10/21 FINALLY got a pre approval for a CSP with a 14.2k SL. That has been it...until this March when my Amazon card hit its 5 year mark and they gave me an auto cli to 41k. I sat there dumbfounded, checked the next day, week, month...still 41k. They have even sent me emails saying "hey enjoy the new spending power". Today I log in and have the much adored green "You're already approved" stars on the CFF and CFU. Happy Friday to me! In fiddling around on the site I notice my CSP has been bumped to 23.6k CL...what the what??

Disney - 2.2k SL auto to 5.5k 6/19

Amazon - 10.8k SL auto to 41k 3/23

CSP - 14.2k SL auto to 23.6k 4/23

My query is this, should i tempt the approved offer on the CFF when they just auto cli'd me over 36k in the past few months? I dont want to get a $500 SL. If I DO would i be able to xfer some limit from the Amazon card?

Interesting side note, my Disney card has the ONLY late (30d) on my credit and it happened right at 7 years ago. I wonder if that has anything to do with the love? Id rather have them grow my Disney card.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Auto CLI and Pre Approvals

@SwarthyOgre wrote:

I have had a Disney Visa with Chase since 2014.  It started at 2.2k and thru only ONE auto cli it is now 5.5k. Flash forward to 3/18 and I picked up an Amazon Prime Visa with a 10.8k SL and 10/21 FINALLY got a pre approval for a CSP with a 14.2k SL. That has been it...until this March when my Amazon card hit its 5 year mark and they gave me an auto cli to 41k. I sat there dumbfounded, checked the next day, week, month...still 41k. They have even sent me emails saying "hey enjoy the new spending power". Today I log in and have the much adored green "You're already approved" stars on the CFF and CFU. Happy Friday to me! In fiddling around on the site I notice my CSP has been bumped to 23.6k CL...what the what??

My query is this, should i tempt the approved offer on the CFF when they just auto cli'd me over 36k in the past few months? I dont want to get a $500 SL. If I DO would i be able to xfer some limit from the Amazon card?

Interesting side note, my Disney card has the ONLY late (30d) on my credit and it happened right at 7 years ago. I wonder if that has anything to do with the love? Id rather have them grow my Disney card.

If you really want that CFF, then yes! Chase really Really REALLY loves you, obviously. If you don't like the starting line, call them and reallocate from one of your other cards.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 5
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@SwarthyOgre wrote:

If you really want that CFF, then yes! Chase really Really REALLY loves you, obviously. If you don't like the starting line, call them and reallocate from one of your other cards.

Agree completely with @fury1995 , assuming you're under 5/24 or even if above, those green check marks can sometimes override that- take the plunge and worst case scenario they approve for low SL, you then re-allocate. And even if you've somehow reached their threshold for extending you credit, you can offer to allocate from other open accounts. But considering you got these big auto cli's, I'd assume you're putting some decent spend on the cards. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SwarthyOgre wrote:

Wow, that is pretty amazing.

You don't have to worry about the starting limit on the CFF; Chase is super easy on transferring credit limit among cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 5
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@SwarthyOgre  - congratulations on the explosive growth of your Chase CLs!

I agree with what the other posters have said - Chase seems to like your profile so you needn't worry about getting approved and moving some of your CL over won't be a problem if you're disatisfied with the SL they give you.

Best wishes and please keep us posted on what you decide to do. Smiley Happy

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.