Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Approval Chances - Short History

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR Approval Chances - Short History

So I'm going on a trip in a few months and want the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card.

I currently have 4 cards, and have never had any loans:

FICO Score: ~720

Annual Income: 120,000

Amex BlueCash - $8000 CL, 15 months ago

Discover It - $3000 CL, 6 months ago

Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited, Both $6800 CL, Both 2 months ago

Utilization: ~5%

No negatives anywhere on my report.

I also have a small checking account with chase, but never use it, from ~6 months ago

Any chance I get the CSR? If not, is it worth going for the CSP and waiting a year to upgrade?

13 REPLIES 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: CSR Approval Chances - Short History

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm going on a trip in a few months and want the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card.

I also have a small checking account with chase, but never use it, from ~6 months ago

Any chance I get the CSR? If not, is it worth going for the CSP and waiting a year to upgrade?

Welcome to the myFICO forum.

As long as you have not acquired more than 5 CCs in the past 24 months you should be good to go. This is called the Chase 5/24 rule. Chase is very jealous and wants you to use them as your credit card company.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 14
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

You have a solid profile, so as far as approval odds go it will likely be an approval.

With that being said, I’m sort of in the same situation and been eyeing CSP/CSR for some time, and here’s what I can tell you... check prequals (credit journey, green check mark, online tool), and if you can try to hold off the application at least till there’s a 6 month gap between each application/approval bc you were just approved for 2 cards 2 months ago. Keep us posted!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuckyB338 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

You have a solid profile, so as far as approval odds go it will likely be an approval.

... check prequals (credit journey, green check mark, online tool), and if you can try to hold off the application at least till there’s a 6 month gap between each application/approval bc you were just approved for 2 cards 2 months ago. Keep us posted!

+1

Message 4 of 14
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LuckyB338 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

... check prequals (credit journey, green check mark, online tool), and if you can try to hold off the application at least till there’s a 6 month gap between each application/approval bc you were just approved for 2 cards 2 months ago. Keep us posted!

+1

+2 . Your profile looks good so the only item sticking out is the AAoA issue.  Let what you just got age a bit, otherwise as said above you most likely stand a good chance at success.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My advice is to go in to a Chase branch and ask a personal banker (1) Whether you have an pre-approvals and if they include the CSR, (2) request that they submit the credit application.

Going "in-branch" cuts through barriers you might otherwise encounter.  They will ask for ID, then look you up in their system.

Message 6 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My advice is to go in to a Chase branch and ask a personal banker (1) Whether you have an pre-approvals and if they include the CSR, (2) request that they submit the credit application.

Going "in-branch" cuts through barriers you might otherwise encounter.  They will ask for ID, then look you up in their system.

I would second this if you can. Also, what is your AAoA? If it's under a year, then the chance of an approval drops. Chase likes to see atleast 1 year of AAoA. Also the CSR usually has a 10k plus approval (SL) and usually like to see atleast another 10k card (not always true but DPs have noticed this). With your profile, I would agree that an approval is possible (as long as the AAoA is above 1 year).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, when I applied for the CSP I was deined, when I called the recon line I was told that everything about my profile was good except AAOA was too low. She said they would like to see my oldest card closer to the 2 year mark.

My DP:

Discover IT - 15 months

Chase Unlt - 10 months

Citi Double - 7 months

Amazon Prime - 2 months

Your results may be different given your higher income, but just wanted to share my results with the lower tier CSP. Best of luck!

Message 8 of 14
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Was this a cold app or did you have an offer?
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I decided to wait a month or two before the app. Will update with how that goes.

Not too worried about the HP as this is the last app I'm going to make for a while, probably.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.