Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela's Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cabela's Mastercard

Hi all,
So I applied for a Cabela's MasterCard last night and I wanted to get some people's insight on what is going on.

The application was all through capital one. Started in the Cabela's site, but it opened a new window with capital one application. I got the 7-10 day message. So I called today to check the status. Capital One had to transfer me to the Cabela's department, but the lady at that department answered as Capital One. She looked up my info and said she could see my application and that it was processed, but she couldn't discuss what the status was over the phone. She said I would have to wait 7-10 days to receive the status in the mail. I asked again to clarify, and she said she couldn't discuss the status of the application over the phone. This seems odd? Any input on why they would say this?

Background info:
Bk7, discharged 8/2018
Credit One card, got 7/2018
QuicksilverOne, got 8/2018
Firestone card, got 8/2018
VentureOne, got 3/2019

I also have fraud alerts on my reports, as someone has been trying to apply for a couple different things in my name. But with my recently new VentureOne, they asked for ID verification when I called in for status.

Unsure why they can't talk to me about the status over the phone. Would this be a denial? I'd think the could just say it was if so. And if it's for the fraud alerts, why wouldn't they just ask for verification?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cabela's Mastercard

Potentially, any discussion surrounding the outcome or further verification with your application may need to be done via mail.

So, given that you have active fraud alerts, it would likely behoove you to be properly authenticated since they may be unwilling to do so via telephone. Simply an extra measure of protection and waiting hurts no one.

I'm sure once you get the letter, that should provide further guidance on next steps or the outcome.
Message 2 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all,
So I applied for a Cabela's MasterCard last night and I wanted to get some people's insight on what is going on.

The application was all through capital one. Started in the Cabela's site, but it opened a new window with capital one application. I got the 7-10 day message. So I called today to check the status. Capital One had to transfer me to the Cabela's department, but the lady at that department answered as Capital One. She looked up my info and said she could see my application and that it was processed, but she couldn't discuss what the status was over the phone. She said I would have to wait 7-10 days to receive the status in the mail. I asked again to clarify, and she said she couldn't discuss the status of the application over the phone. This seems odd? Any input on why they would say this?

Background info:
Bk7, discharged 8/2018
Credit One card, got 7/2018
QuicksilverOne, got 8/2018
Firestone card, got 8/2018
VentureOne, got 3/2019

I also have fraud alerts on my reports, as someone has been trying to apply for a couple different things in my name. But with my recently new VentureOne, they asked for ID verification when I called in for status.

Unsure why they can't talk to me about the status over the phone. Would this be a denial? I'd think the could just say it was if so. And if it's for the fraud alerts, why wouldn't they just ask for verification?

More than likely a denial but possible need more time to review account. One thing of note is that you’ve opened quite a few accounts in less than a year. What is your AAOA, FICO scores, UT, and SLs? 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Just venturing a guess here but you show that you were approved for a VentureOne this month...and Cabela's is backed by CapOne...maybe an application rule?  Again, just tossing out a possible reason.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what it was. Application rule. Got the letter today that said "there is currently a pending or recently processed application with Capital One" as the reason for denial. No hard pull though, so that's good. For some reason I thought the cobranded cards weren't included in the 1/6 rule.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.