Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caesar's Rewards - Comenity Bank Reviewing Application

tag
scootyes89
Contributor

Caesar's Rewards - Comenity Bank Reviewing Application

"Hello Scott,

We're glad you'd like to open a Caesars Rewards® Visa® Credit Card account.

We just need to take a closer look at your application before making our decision.

Please look for our reply by mail in about the next 2 weeks."

I'm guessing that this won't be good news, correct? EQ pulled, FICO 8 currently sitting at 725, only 4 Hard Inquiries in the last 12 months. I live in Vegas and am a Diamond Rewards Member, just thought I'd give it a shot.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Caesar's Rewards - Comenity Bank Reviewing Application

In my personal experience, it's usually a no!

Message 2 of 23
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

I applied a month ago for the Caesar's rewards, I got the same message. My letter was a denial. They based it off a Sagestream score.  
I have a Sephora Visa with a $3,600 limit. I did the prequalification for an IKEA card and the limit would be $6,000. The Caesar's card obviously has a different criteria. 
Good luck though 

Message 3 of 23
scootyes89
Contributor

@TattnallTrio wrote:

I applied a month ago for the Caesar's rewards, I got the same message. My letter was a denial. They based it off a Sagestream score.  
I have a Sephora Visa with a $3,600 limit. I did the prequalification for an IKEA card and the limit would be $6,000. The Caesar's card obviously has a different criteria. 
Good luck though 

Yeah, that's what I am figuring. It is funny, as I have an Overstock card with a $1,850 limit and have been pre-approved for an IKEA card as well. Oh well, it is what it is, thanks for your input!

Message 4 of 23
scootyes89
Contributor

Still waiting...

I even called, but they can't tell me anything over the phone until the 27th, if I haven't recieved anything by then (Denial or need more information) I don't know if the longer it takes the better or if I am just being over optimistic..LOL.

Message 5 of 23
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@scootyes89 wrote:

Still waiting...

I even called, but they can't tell me anything over the phone until the 27th, if I haven't recieved anything by then (Denial or need more information) I don't know if the longer it takes the better or if I am just being over optimistic..LOL.

Did you login to your Caesar's TR account first before applying?
Or did you cold apply ?

I logged into my TR account and got this pop up for pre-approved.

Do they do a HP for current customers ?

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 3.59.54 PM.png

Message 6 of 23
scootyes89
Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

@scootyes89 wrote:

Still waiting...

Did you login to your Caesar's TR account first before applying?
Or did you cold apply ?

I logged into my TR account and got this pop up for pre-approved.

Do they do a HP for current customers ?

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 3.59.54 PM.png

No, I suppose it would have been smarter if I did...LOL

Message 7 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@scootyes89 wrote:

Still waiting...

You can always call the standard customer service number, if the automated system recognizes your phone number, it can usually provide the account information (if an account has been generated).  Otherwise, you can wait until after 9/27.

Message 8 of 23
scootyes89
Contributor

I received my answer in the mail today, it's a denial, but for a reason I can totally respect. Too many cards opened recently. I can take that, no problem. I'll just wait 6 months to a year. 😊

Message 9 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@scootyes89 wrote:

I received my answer in the mail today, it's a denial, but for a reason I can totally respect. Too many cards opened recently. I can take that, no problem. I'll just wait 6 months to a year. 😊

Aw bummer.  Well, at least you're taking it well despite the outcome. Definitely give it some time and try it again.  See if you get a pre-approved offer by logging into your rewards account next time 😊

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.