Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI Denied

I got a Cap1 back in April. It is a credit steps card. I reached 3 months and requested a CLI. Next day received a letter requesting income verification. I sent in the documents immediately. Well, this morning, 2 weeks later I receive another letter stating that it is denied. Reason for denial “income cannot be verified”.

I provided a copy of my 2018 W2 to them, have called every few days since submission to make sure they received, but the CSR’s have no info regarding CLI’s. They claim I cannot speak to anyone in the CLI department either. I have not called since receiving denial this morning.

Anyone have this issue before? Should I attempt to call and recon, or is recon even available through Cap1?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI Denied

There is no recon with Cap1 ...trust me Ive tried and so have many others on this board. CLI increases take at least 6 months with CAP1 or longer depending on CLI usuage. You may experience a lot of annoyance with them, and they deny on really dumb reasons at times. But im finding outs its about credit use and multiple payments within the month, just got approved for a $2k CLI. Ill be trying again in 6 months for another CLI

Message 2 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Now that 3 months have passed you could call in for an upgrade.  Idk which card you have but I had the Plat and upgraded to QS.  Then at month 4 I requested a cli and got $100, lol. 

EDIT TO ADD:  with DH, his was also a QS1 and he was upgraded to Venture...right after cs

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to share an update to this. I called in and there was nothing the CSR could do about what the letter said. She stated that the department that handles that cannot be reached by anyone. She recommended that I submit a new request, so I did that about 1 week ago.

After submission, I received the same document requesting Income Verification which I sent to them a couple days later. I just looked at my account this afternoon and saw that I had received a CLI...........for $100......yes, you read that right, $100.00!!!! I’m disappointed that it took that long and that much info to only get $100. Had I known, I wouldn’t have even fooled with it.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, Cap1 is a very conservative bank and most decisions are made by computers. And by most I mean all. I've tried multiple times myself to get CLI's and product upgrades and they just won't do it. It's just a matter of being patient and waiting for them to pull the trigger on you. The good thing is CLI's are soft pulls only, and you can do them as many times as you please.

Congrats on the CLI though, even if it was only $100 it's still something!

Message 5 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 I just looked at my account this afternoon and saw that I had received a CLI...........for $100......yes, you read that right, $100.00!!!! I’m disappointed that it took that long and that much info to only get $100. Had I known, I wouldn’t have even fooled with it.

They must of thought they were talking to meSmiley Tongue  Anyhow, now that you and I both got a cool $100 we should meet up and have brunchSmiley LOL

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a Cap1 back in April. It is a credit steps card. I reached 3 months and requested a CLI. Next day received a letter requesting income verification. I sent in the documents immediately. Well, this morning, 2 weeks later I receive another letter stating that it is denied. Reason for denial “income cannot be verified”.

I provided a copy of my 2018 W2 to them, have called every few days since submission to make sure they received, but the CSR’s have no info regarding CLI’s. They claim I cannot speak to anyone in the CLI department either. I have not called since receiving denial this morning.

Anyone have this issue before? Should I attempt to call and recon, or is recon even available through Cap1?

Welcome to the rebuild bucket card club. I had to live it in the beginning. Congrats on your $100. But it is decducted from whatever your stated CLI after CS would be. The old days of getting a cli and getting the full CS CLI as an extra bonus is gone. So dont be surprized if they said you'll get $500 and it turns out to be $400 when CS has completed. They gave you $100 of the total CS CLI.

Its a starter card. Use it for what its worth until time comes to get better cards. Just like I did and many others here. Then you can make a badge (See Below) and say RIP!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.