Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Declined

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Declined

Interesting as many of you know a few months back Capital One had locked my accounts for "security concerns" and in the end closed my personal QS but re-opened my 2 Spark Business Cards because of adding AU.

My denial states:

The reason(s) for our decision are: • Based on your application information, we observed activity on a prior Capital One account that is not consistent with our expectations for account usage or the terms of the account agreement

I find it a little funny you can burn Cap1 with unpaid collections or a BK and they have no issue but add some AU that never charge or have access to the account and that crosses the boundaries with them! LOL

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Declined

Did they HP you?

Message 2 of 19
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

But why add users?
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry to read this CA.  Smiley Sad  I can't imagine how they think.  Maybe give it 6 months and try again.  Sure seems to work CO's & BK's.  Keeping fingers crossed for you in the future.  Just so wrong!  

Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they HP you?

Yes, They did. Luckily I applied for a Sony card that just pulls 1 report.

Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
But why add users?

Does it matter?

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should not matter.  My hubby adds me and I add him.  Whats the difference?  

Message 7 of 19
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Not consistent with their expectatations? That is so weird! I never knew weird things like this happened until I joined the forums. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 8 of 19
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
But why add users?

Does it matter?

It did to them.  Somehow, you allowed the closings as part of the negotiation process.  The users do not use the card.  Why add them, unless it is to build up their score?  The factor may also come into play when you have business cards.  They want employees (or whatever) on those cards.  Just as an off chance, do you add the AU's to any other prime bank cards?  Chase has been cracking down on the fake users added for bonus purposes.  You do know about the other side, hence I do not bring it up.  

Nothing personal, you are great contributor, and like to app.  But with score decrease due to new cards, you understand risks involved.  Rare is the AA from cap one.  Public board, my personal opinion. 

Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Amazing. Like you said Cap1 is typically so forgiving of people that burn them and that wasn't even the case for you. Glad you only took 1 HP for this one
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.