cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Denied

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Denied

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Got it. The tag can't be seen if you're not using a computer.

Press and hold the image and it pops up. Not as convenient as running the cursor over it but it works. 

Doesn't work. Android phone, chrome, desktop view

Works on my old HTC 10 running Oreo and Chrome in desktop mode. It’s admittedly not the most elegant way to get to it but it’s there. 

F596FCCA-DC9A-480B-A10A-917C77A97109.jpeg

... I forgot how slow that old thing is too. I need to buy a newer Android backup phone. 

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 11 of 18
Valued Contributor

Are you under 21?

If so, you really need 10k+ in income for most credit cards

Family Member made me an AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001, 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001, 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 , 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900, 2008 Macys Amex $1900, 2008 Kohls $2,000, 2008 JC Penny $4,500, 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500, 2019 SDFCU PowerCash Visa $10,000, 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600, 2018 HSN $4,500, and 2016 Local Credit Union Visa $5,000. Waiting on them to all report over the next month... Only Kohls is reporting so far... WITH AGE. They use AZEO method.

Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), Ally Bank (Checking/Savings), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), SDFCU (Share), Wells Fargo (Checking), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.

I WANT to join: Hanscom FCU (For the 2 day early direct deposit).

Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)
Message 12 of 18
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Sorry you were denied. Discover is great with low income but most lenders would hesitate with income that low. Cap One really doesn’t recon unfortunately. 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 13 of 18
Regular Contributor

I don't know, to each their own but I think I might be just gardening and doing my school work for now.   You have a decent set of cards already.

Starting Score: F8 720
Current Score: F8 796
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 18
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

Hi,

This is my 3rd time getting denied for Cap 1's Student Journey card. I tried responding them to reconsider the second time with no luck, so I need some help of how I'll respond.

This is the only bullet they put on the denial reasons:

- Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, income is insufficient for requested credit

Fico 3 Score: EX 679

Red Facts:

- Length of time account

- Time since most recent account open

- Too many accounts w/ balance

- Too many inquiries last 12 months

My income is $5772. It would be more but I am a full-time college student. 

So at the moment, I honestly got no idea of what should I write back to them to reconsider because they pretty much denied me on the income (same income I put on Discover's student and was approve).

It’s time to let it go. 3 times being denied displays desperate, credit-seeking behavior. You don’t want to be that guy or gal. Wait until your income is about $7.5K and try again.  

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 15 of 18
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I really wish we'd ease up on words such as "desperate, needy, risky" etc.

Most people really dont understand how credit works and that's also how most of us have found this forum. 

So, until is possible to differentiate between who's truly " desperate" vs. uninformed and eager, it's best to offer advice without excessive judgement.  

EX 759 EQ 774 TU 753

Message 16 of 18
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I really wish we'd ease up on words such as "desperate, needy, risky" etc.

Most people really dont understand how credit works and that's also how most of us have found this forum. 

So, until is possible to differentiate between who's truly " desperate" vs. uninformed and eager, it's best to offer advice without excessive judgement.  

There is a difference between saying  someone is “displaying” desperate credit seeking behavior vs. saying that someone is truly desperate. Personally, I would never say someone “is” desperate because I don’t know their specific circumstances.

But, I know for me, when I first joined, I did not see this advice as excessive judgment. I viewed it as learning; and honestly, I was grateful. Otherwise, I would not have learned, or more importantly, taken seriously things like breakout fraud or other credit-seeking behaviors that are deemed risky. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 17 of 18
Valued Contributor

The other reason to stop, aside from displaying risky credit-seeking behavior, is that OP is burning triple-HPs for denials every time. Three denials is 9 burned HPs. I wouldn’t want to waste that many...

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.