Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Savor Denied

"matched" to this card by experian.com where my FICO 8 was reported as 813.

Credit Utilization: 4%

Annual Income: $390,000.  Rent: $1800/month.

DECLINED for the card & now with hard pulls on my credit report.

Called capital one directly.  They couldn't give me a reason.  Spoke with a supervisor who gave me a polite but firm: "I can't help you.".

Already have two cards with them and am tempted to cut them up & return them.

But I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Savor Denied

Sorry about the rejection. Unfortunately calling likely won't work, don't think that the reps can overturn those algorithm based decisions.

Message 2 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called capital one directly.  They couldn't give me a reason.  Spoke with a supervisor who gave me a polite but firm: "I can't help you.".

Yep, don't do that. In hindsight, they may have done you a favor so you don't have a lot of your eggs in one basket. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Were you prequalified for it though?  I'm prequalified for it again after it disappeared when I got approved for the Prestige. I'm reading so much from people being prequalified and getting denied that I may really have to garden for two years for it.

Message 4 of 21
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

I was 6/24 when I got my Savor one.  Although 6/24, it had been about 10 or 11 months since I had applied or opened any account.  I was pre-approved before I applied though and was approved.

Message 5 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Once they made the Sav1 and upped the Savor with the SUB and AF. They've made this a tough card to get. I was lucky enough to get it when it first hit the website the day it went live. Sorry about the denial. It is a head scratcher why people with excellent scores and histories get turned down. But others with somewhat decent credit get approved.Things that make you go .Hmmmmmmmmmm

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 has been stingy in general though lately. My income rose 15k annual, my score went up 80 points (730), i have NO rent or mortgage (own my home free and clear), no negatives at all, and they gave the request cli soft option in app, but declined it. No CLI since month 5, and acct is at 3 years/still 1300 limit. Meanwhile, most of my cards have $6500-10k limits. Overall utilization under 20%, many 0 blance, And my car note ? Near 20% of a 3 yr paid off in 3 months. No rhyme or reason at Capitol One these days, so I'm no longer using it except 1 recurring charge which i pay immediately. Not bothering with them any more.
Message 7 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my FICO 8 was reported as 813.

So Sorry that happened.  What are your other two cards with Cap1 and cl's?  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cap1 has been stingy in general though lately. My income rose 15k annual, my score went up 80 points (730), i have NO rent or mortgage (own my home free and clear), no negatives at all, and they gave the request cli soft option in app, but declined it. No CLI since month 5, and acct is at 3 years/still 1300 limit. Meanwhile, most of my cards have $6500-10k limits. Overall utilization under 20%, many 0 blance, And my car note ? Near 20% of a 3 yr paid off in 3 months. No rhyme or reason at Capitol One these days, so I'm no longer using it except 1 recurring charge which i pay immediately. Not bothering with them any more.

And this is the reason why Cap 1 is stingy unless this is a bucketed card. Cap1 wants you to use their card. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Serious question, why did you want it? There seems to be better options out there that you would be eligible for.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.