Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart MC CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Walmart MC CLI?

Anyone receive a CLI on their Cap One Walmart MC yet? Haven't seen too much talk of this and was wondering.

21 REPLIES 21
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart MC CLI?

Being that the Walmart card is now serviced by Cap One, it means getting CLIs is like pulling teeth, since Cap One is notorious for no/small CLIs.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 22
Steveo777
Contributor

I recently got approved for a WM MC with a $1k starting limit. I have been using it for every purchase at Sam's and WM, even gas, then paying in full. I'm gonna keep swiping and paying off and see how it works out. I'm not even gonna ask for a CLI, just to avoid the hard pulls. If it grows automatically, so be it.

BK7 Discharged 08/2021 Household Income 95k
Scores: Fico9 Equifax 663 | TU 694 | Experian 628 Vantage 3.0 TU 737 | EQ 726
Cards:
Tri-CU $3k
Capital One Quicksilver One $3K
Mercury Master Card $3.3k
Upgrade Visa $10k
NFCU Visa Platinum $2000
Alphaeon Card $3600
Dell Preferred $4500
WM Mastercard $1000
Credit One AMEX $1000
Kohl's $800
Ollo Mastercard $2000
Target Red Card $1200
Cabela's Mastercard $3k
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Being that the Walmart card is now serviced by Cap One, it means getting CLIs is like pulling teeth, since Cap One is notorious for no/small CLIs.

Ive only had one other co-branded Cap One card which was the Saks First that they recently took over.  3x CLI Luv button once they completed the switch. I was shocked. Previously denied on every attempt since I acquired the card a couple years back. The CLI could have just been the honeymoon phase Smiley Happy Time will tell. Hoping it's a sign of a different UW algo than their Legacy cards. 

Message 4 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Ive only had one other co-branded Cap One card which was the Saks First that they recently took over.  3x CLI Luv button once they completed the switch. I was shocked. Previously denied on every attempt since I acquired the card a couple years back. The CLI could have just been the honeymoon phase Smiley Happy Time will tell. Hoping it's a sign of a different UW algo than their Legacy cards. 

Capital One took over the Saks, NM/BG and Menards CC portfolios a long time ago, not recently. In the past, these were with HSBC.  The only thing that was done recently was integrate their web portals into a single platform with the main Capital One website.  As far as CLIs, they still follow similar guidelines as they did with HSBC (even with the transitioned websites). I haven't noticed anything different as far as outcomes with NM or Menards either.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStarRecently meaning figuratively speaking. Define "Long" Smiley Very Happy I received notice for Saks this year I "believe". I remember having to previously "Call in" to CS for CLI request which always ended in a Denial. Cap One has a Luv button.

Message 6 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStarRecently meaning figuratively speaking. Define "Long" Smiley Very Happy I received notice for Saks this year I "believe". I remember having to previously "Call in" to CS for CLI request which always ended in a Denial. Cap One has a Luv button.

You're right, I suppose "long" can be subjective 😉

But, yes, in the past before all PLCCs were integrated into the main Capital One website, one would have to call in for CLIs, which was the same for the other legacy PLCCs such as NM/BG, Menards, etc.  Cabela's and the GM BuyPower card were the first accounts to be integrated into one platform like the others, which has made it a lot easier to manage them on a single portal vs multiple ones.

Message 7 of 22
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Steveo777 wrote:

I recently got approved for a WM MC with a $1k starting limit. I have been using it for every purchase at Sam's and WM, even gas, then paying in full. I'm gonna keep swiping and paying off and see how it works out. I'm not even gonna ask for a CLI, just to avoid the hard pulls. If it grows automatically, so be it.

I wasnt aware you can use the wm card at sams club too. Do you have to use the walmart pay app at sams club?

Can you use the wm card at sams club fuel stations for 5 percent off on gas?

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 22
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Capital One took over the Saks, NM/BG and Menards CC portfolios a long time ago, not recently. In the past, these were with HSBC.  The only thing that was done recently was integrate their web portals into a single platform with the main Capital One website.  As far as CLIs, they still follow similar guidelines as they did with HSBC (even with the transitioned websites). I haven't noticed anything different as far as outcomes with NM or Menards either.

Why is the kohls cobranded card faily easy to get cli's with and the wm not? both are cap 1

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 9 of 22
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

Yes I have gotten an auto CLI with my Walmart MasterCard.  I got it in April with a $2,000 credit line.  I tried to get an increase around September but was denied.  In October they auto CLI'd me $500 taking me to a $2,500 credit line.  I average about $200-300/month spend on mine.

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.