Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart Store Card CLI Denial *Update

tag
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Walmart Store Card CLI Denial *Update

Good morning

I submitted a CLI on my 3 month old store card a few weeks ago. The denial letter showed up yesterday and said denied because they couldnt contact me to verify my identify per the fraud alert on my credit file.  Looks like they used Equifax in the letter as thats what referenced. I confirmed  that my contact number is correct on Equifax.

I contacted customer service and the reprenstative stated that they tried to contact me but there are no missed calls from them on the dates or any 800 numbers.

I applied for the Walmart MC and was given the store card with a limit of $300.

Burned Capital one previously with two credit cards but PIF with collection accounts. Still in rebuilding stage.

Current credit scores 

FICO8  636, 626, 635

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart Store Card CLI Denial

Good Luck @Shawn19AL with your rebuild. I know when I entered my cell phone number during set-up for CAP1 it wood not take the number and would say it was not my number. I believe it was using my old number from where I burned them about 7-years ago. It finally took the number after about 2-months. Congrats 🎊🎉🎈

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 13
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

@Rebuild2019  its the weirdest thing that I didnt receive a call.

Message 3 of 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

If you had an old number when you burned them they may still be using that number. I use their Capital One Program, but when I try to sign in online through a browser it attempts to make me accept the old account info (including phone number), which I did not do. I didn’t want them to try to open that door on that old charge off. May be calling that old number @Shawn19AL

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 4 of 13
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

@Rebuild2019  I think I figured it out. 

my cellphone number was set to no automated calls and it's the main number on my mother's account as I'm her caretaker.  

I changed her account info to my second cellphone and updated my account to reflected automated calls

I applied for the CLI again and missed the phone call as I was leaving work.  Called CS again and the Rep let me know they will call back in. 1-3 business days. 

So, we shall see. I'll update this thread accordingly, if I can manage to pay attention to the phone lol

Message 5 of 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@Shawn19AL I am glad you have figured it out. Hopefully they will call you and you will get your CLI. Good luck.

Message 6 of 13
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Shawn19AL wrote:

@Rebuild2019  I think I figured it out. 

my cellphone number was set to no automated calls and it's the main number on my mother's account as I'm her caretaker.  

I changed her account info to my second cellphone and updated my account to reflected automated calls

I applied for the CLI again and missed the phone call as I was leaving work.  Called CS again and the Rep let me know they will call back in. 1-3 business days. 

So, we shall see. I'll update this thread accordingly, if I can manage to pay attention to the phone lol

If all they need to do is verify your identity then it's looks like we will be telling you Congrats in a few days when you update that you received the elusive phone call and provided them with what they needed.

Message 7 of 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

I agree @lusedtolurk

Message 8 of 13
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

Annnnd, I got a whole whopping $100.  

welp, let's see what happens in another 3 months.  

@Rebuild2019  

Message 9 of 13
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

download.gif

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.