Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
credit8502020
Established Contributor

Capital One

Hi All! 

How soon after receiving an auto CLI from Capital One can you request a CLI?

Also how soon after receiving a denial for a CLI for Capitol One can you request your next CLI? I'm asking this for someone that mentioned the reason they received for the denial was because of low card usage. They plan to use the card more and then apply again.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One

You have to wait 6 months after any increase. As for denial, you can ask again any time, but there would have to be significant spend over 2-3 months. They didn't give me any increases until I spent 3x the limit for 3 months on both my cards.

Message 2 of 6
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Good luck.  The Capital One CLI's are like big foot, I've heard tales of them but never seen one personally.   There are some folks on the approval forum that have had $100 CLI's.  They may also be in a bucket card with CapOne that will never grow.   I get the same not enough usage of the current credit limit each time I try.     

Image result for big foot gif

Message 3 of 6
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

You have to wait 6 months after any increase. As for denial, you can ask again any time, but there would have to be significant spend over 2-3 months. They didn't give me any increases until I spent 3x the limit for 3 months on both my cards.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@fatcomic wrote:

Good luck.  The Capital One CLI's are like big foot, I've heard tales of them but never seen one personally.   There are some folks on the approval forum that have had $100 CLI's.  They may also be in a bucket card with CapOne that will never grow.   I get the same not enough usage of the current credit limit each time I try.     

Image result for big foot gif

@fatcomic Thank you! 

Message 5 of 6
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

I have had my cards for three years and I have NEVER gotten an increase. Since that time I have gotten many more cards and ALL my credit scores are high 750s. EVERYBODY has given me line increases, except these dispicable weapons of credit destruction. I don't use those cards anymore. Only once per year, just so they don't close, other than that, they are utterly useless.

"What's In Your Wallet?"

"Unfortunately, Capitol One" 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.