cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Issuers That Combine Multiple Credit Pulls/Inquiries? Dr Credit has old information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Issuers That Combine Multiple Credit Pulls/Inquiries? Dr Credit has old information

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/card-issuers-that-combine-multiple-credit-pullsinquiries/

So I went into Chase and told them Id like to apply for a personal and business credit cards, Bank rep tells me for every line its a seperate pull. Meaning if I wanted to apply 1 personsal credit card, 1 business credit card, 1 business line of credit. It would be 3 pulls? They wouldnt even pull from my business credit as its based off my personal credit that they would base any credit for my business. Ran into this issue with Bank of America, BBVA and I think Wells Fargos was the only one that would combine for lines for personal and business, but it would still be 2 pulls but better than the other dumb banks. Problem is I burned Wells back in 2008 and when I applied for a bank account in 2015 Got denied but in 2018 re-applied again got approved but they did find my old accounts and I didnt bother getting an account with them. This all steming from a meeting with my Mortgage guy who said go ahead and get 2 cards now and let them age as I wont be getting a property 6 to 9 months from now. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: Card Issuers That Combine Multiple Credit Pulls/Inquiries? Dr Credit has old information

Different credit unions would allow this. I know Penfed allows you to app for whatever you want on one hp up to a certain time frame. 

Message 2 of 5
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Card Issuers That Combine Multiple Credit Pulls/Inquiries? Dr Credit has old information

Banks that will combine if you apply in same day:
-USAA
-Bank of America
-PenFed uses the same HP for at least 30 days, but I’ve personally seen them use the same report for all products for 90 days
-US Bank

Banks that won’t combine:
-Chase (won’t approve two cards within 5 days, or something like that so it would definitely be two pulls, but there are rare exceptions)
-Citi (similar to chase but I think they are 8 days between approvals, so. 2nd pull is assumed)
-Navy Federal
-FNBO (First National Bank of Omaha)

Odd Balls:
-Amex won’t do a HP if you’re a current card holder (at least for me)

Unsure:
-Fifth Third Bank

I couldn’t tell you exactly who to chase, but I can share who to avoid if you’re trying to get multiple approvals with 1 HP. Be aware that the above list is for the same types of cards (multiple personal cards with same pull, or multiple business cards with same HP), but I’m pretty sure it’s pretty standard that if you do 1 personal and 1 business you should expect 1 HP for each, at least that has always been my experience.

As always YMMV, good luck!
Message 3 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

In general with almost any bank, a business and a personal CC are going to be separate HPs even if done on the same day. Furthermore, most banks have cracked down on the multiple apps thing so you can't really achieve it much of the time. Ultimately the new account(s) matter more than the inquiries themselves so an extra pull is not a big deal.

You can sometimes still get away with it with some credit unions, Bank of America, and American Express, but there are no guarantees - I'm also talking about 2 personal or 2 business cards. 1 personal 1 business will almost always be evaluated and pulled seperately.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I understand that personal will get pulled for business, 1 and 1(chase doesnt pull business only personal). My personal would be pulled again for my personal cards....I am looking for banks that will base that 1 pull and see If I can get multiple lines of credit (credit card, line of credit) The most annoying aspect of this, the same bank will be, will you have 1 inquire already and Id be like yea its from your business side that you dont talk too lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.