Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: 5 months and still no CLI on Lowe's $1237 limit

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

UPDATE: 5 months and still no CLI on Lowe's $1237 limit

So...I keep trying to get this $1237 limit raised and I keep getting denied. I have tried all the options. I called the Credit Solutions overseas #, the American #, the luv button and chat. Most recent denial was after the 4th statement. I have used the card every month. I only let the balance report on the first statement. Each balance afterward I paid before the statement cut. Is that the problem?

I got the card late March after I bought a house. I had 0 inquiries and no new accounts over the last year when I applied for my mortgage with Fico 8 scores ranging from 795 - 805. After mortgage inquiries, scores went down to 787 - 796. I applied for Discover then Lowe's then Ducks Unlimited. After all accounts reported including mortgage, scores were 750 - 753. Scores on latest attempt were 757 - 767. 

I have a Walmart store card with a $10,000 limit and wonder if I'm at my Synchrony ceiling with my $50,000 income.

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5 months and still no CLI on Lowe's $1237 limit

@Poppa wrote:

I have a Walmart store card with a $10,000 limit and wonder if I'm at my Synchrony ceiling with my $50,000 income.

I wonder if you're right. If so, can one move credit lines from one account to another? 

It might be time to visit Home Depot?

Message 2 of 34
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP

What does the decline letter say? 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 34
Poppa
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Hi OP

What does the decline letter say? 

I looked to see if I had any but all I found is Discover letters. I can't say for 100% certainty but I think it was insufficient experience at current limit. 

Message 4 of 34
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poppa wrote:

I wonder if you're right. If so, can one move credit lines from one account to another? 

It might be time to visit Home Depot?

I don't know but highly doubt it. Maybe once Synchrony loses the Walmart acct. I can get a decent limit with them on my Lowe's.

EDIT: I don't pre-qualify for a Home Depot card. I used to. 

Message 5 of 34
CCrew
Regular Contributor

"Not Enough Experience at Current Limit" is just their way of saying "not right now".  They started my card with a $1k limit and after the first statement the Luv button allowed me to go to $5k. I'm now 4 statements in, always PIF before the statement, and any additional tries have gotten me the same message as yours. Not that I want to go spend $5k at Lowes so I'll just garden it. I use it a couple times a month, last time just yesterday. 

Don't get offended by it obviously, they're just hedging their bets over something in your profile is all. It'll be interesting to see with them losing WalMart if they loosen up on other lines, however the industry is suffering a slight climb in defaults and a lot of the vendors are dialing back it seems. $1237 is certainly an odd limit tho!

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppa

So...I keep trying to get this $1237 limit raised and I keep getting denied.

Why is your limit $1237?  That's not a standard approval limit, which suggests to me that it was once something [higher] and was perhaps lowered?  Maybe this could be your issue here... if they lowered your limit at some point for whatever reason, possibly whatever that reason was is still impacting your ability to receive a CLI.

Message 7 of 34
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poppa

So...I keep trying to get this $1237 limit raised and I keep getting denied.

Why is your limit $1237?  That's not a standard approval limit, which suggests to me that it was once something [higher] and was perhaps lowered?  Maybe this could be your issue here... if they lowered your limit at some point for whatever reason, possibly whatever that reason was is still impacting your ability to receive a CLI.

That was my starting limit. 

Message 8 of 34
Poppa
Established Contributor

I just had an odd chat session. They said it was showing I wasn't completely logged in to my account. They couldn't access my account because of this. So they sent me a pass code number on my phone after I gave them my cc# and cell#. I repeated the code back to them on chat. They then say ''the system is unable to provide me options to key in the pass code that you get'', and tell me to call customer service. 

On a side note, on my online acct, underneath the Lowe's logo it says Welcome then my name and then an x and the last 4 digits of my card #. There is not a picture of my card there like there is on my Walmart acct. Also, for quite awhile after I would log in a little pop up log in box would appear. I would put in my username and password and the box would just reappear over and over. 

Message 9 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Check to see if your mobile phone number you have ono file with them through website is with right carrier.  that was an issue i ran across one time with them sending me passcodes as one tine was with att and moved ro verizon and their computers know cell phone carriers and gotta select right one or texts wont work with their system.  see if that is the text issue you are having?

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.