Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 2 week message changed to 7-10 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 2 week message changed to 7-10 day message

I applied for FU on Feb 1. Got a 30 day message on the website. Then I called the chase automated line, I got the 2 week message. I kept checking back, it was always the 2 week message till morning of Feb 6. Then I got the 7-10 day message. From what I've read on numerous posts,  the 2 week message usually means an approval, the 7-10 day message usually means a denial. 

I've got both so Idk if I should call or not. 

I've got declined by Chase two times before both on the grounds of "not enough credit history" despite other factors are all good. They probably hate me.

Update on 2/12/2018:

I got the letter in the mail today. It asks me to send them the photocopy of my social because they couldn't verify my identity. Whew, so I guess it's an approval? I will keep updating!

Update on 2/16/2018

So I submitted a copy of my social on 2/13, called the automated line yesterday, it changed to 2 weeks again.

CFU is on my chase app now, called the robot line, I was approved for 4.5k CL. Thanks guys. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase 2 week message changed to 7-10 day message

7-10 Days could mean they need verification as well. You could try calling and asking, they might need you to verify if it's your first Chase. What's your AAoA?
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 10
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

In my experience, when I received the 30 day notice, I decided to wait. I thought, let me treat Chase like a woman whom I don't want to seem too needy with, and let them call me. Sure enough, Chase called me the next day to verify my identity and approved me. It took a week to recieve the card, and we've been dating, I mean, making purchases since.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first card with chase. I have their checking account though. I'm a foreign national, I have 3 accounts with age of 16, 12 and 6 months respectively. TU 752, EX 732. EQ 725. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they would let people know by mail even if it was a verification? Good analogy though. 

Message 5 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Guessing it is verification.. How many accounts you opened in the last 24 months?  Can provide a # if you don't mind calling and speed up the process.  The number is below if you feel like calling.  Just say you applied and ask if they need any other information or to verify something.  They will either say yes or it is in lending and then try to transfer you to them if still in lending(this is where most hang up if this happens).  If just verification they will ask you a few questions send you a text to your phone and then usually say approved, etc..  Or you can opt to wait as well, your choiceSmiley Happy

Chase: 888-688-6708 (Verification department)

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at 3/24. Guess I'll just wait for the mail till I get impatient. Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the letter in the mail today. It asks me to fax my social because they couldn't verify my identification. Whew, so I guess it's an approval? 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is solid until they explicitly tell you that they approved or denied your application. What you can do now is to send them the document they want for verification. You can call in after you finish sending the fax during business hours, and you may get a decision during the call but there's still a chance they want you to wait.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can confirm that also happened to me. Message was 2 weeks past the 2 week mark after application. Then message changed to 7-10 day. This was on the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Called one of the BD numbers for Chase, the verification one, had a text sent to my phone, confirmed address, approval done in 2 mins flat. CL 27k. First card with Chase.

Thanks for all the help in the forums or I honestly would not know where to go!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.