Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime approval chances?

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime approval chances?

Wanted to see what people think my chances could be of getting approved for the Prime card, before I try to apply. Here's my current standing:

Currently at 3/24.

Scores as shown in my signature.

Last week I was spproved for CSP @ $8,400 and CFU @ $5,600. Also a Cap1 card @ $2,000.

Here's where it gets iffy. I have 8 CO credit card accounts on my report. No collections or bankruptcies or judgments - those 8 CO accounts are my only baddies, but they're not very old either, at about 2 years. 1 of those CO credit cards was a Chase card.

You would think the 2-year-old Chase CO would be a dealbreaker, but keep in mind my CSP and CSU approvals I got just last week (against all odds).

Are my chances decent? I don't want to apply and then get denied, so if I should wait a while before applying, I will. But the problem is that there are other cards I want to get as well, so I was hoping to get the Amazon card before I hit that 5/24 mark that would likely make it impossible to get the Amazon card in the near future.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime approval chances?

You're fine. I would wait on the Amazon until your other Chase products hit at least 1 month though.  The CO's don't seem to be affecting you much with the recent approvals.

Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Personally, I would wait on the Chase Amazon at minimum 3 months from your most recent CSP and CFU approvals, the longer the better. You can still keep the slots open since the Amazon CC isn't going anywhere. That being said, I wouldn't poke the bear in the off chance your recent activities are picked up by Chase's PRR. Why risk your recent successes?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a decent chance of getting all of your accounts shut down if you apply too soon. I would wait 6 months, especially since you’ve got a Chase charge off. You don’t want the review team to shut you down. Might be better off going for the Amazon Store Card instead of poking Chase honestly. 

Message 4 of 18
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're fine. I would wait on the Amazon until your other Chase products hit at least 1 month though.  The CO's don't seem to be affecting you much with the recent approvals.

Thanks!

I think I need to wait that long anyways, to buy some time to get my util %'s down to maximize my scores.

Message 5 of 18
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have a decent chance of getting all of your accounts shut down if you apply too soon. I would wait 6 months, especially since you’ve got a Chase charge off. You don’t want the review team to shut you down. Might be better off going for the Amazon Store Card instead of poking Chase honestly. 

That's what I was worried about, too. Sounds like I should let the other cards get some age for a while. Back to the garden I go!

Message 6 of 18
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Funny thing about the store card, I probably have better chances of getting the Visa because Synchrony is in fact one of my other CO's Smiley Very Happy Chase appears to have forgiven me, but I'm not sure Synchrony has.

I'll get 3% back on amazon purchases with my CFU card for the next 12 months anyways, so there's no huge hurry on the Amazon 5% card. Thanks for the advice, guys! Glad I asked!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreysw12 wrote:

Funny thing about the store card, I probably have better chances of getting the Visa because Synchrony is in fact one of my other CO's Smiley Very Happy Chase appears to have forgiven me, but I'm not sure Synchrony has.

I'll get 3% back on amazon purchases with my CSU card for the next 12 months, so there's not hurry. Thanks for the advice, guys!

I figured that you were only thinking about risking it because you couldn’t get the Sync card. That said, it’s probably still worth trying - worst case scenario they’ll make you get the secured card but at least it won’t put your Chase accounts at risk. 

3% is still pretty good though. If it was me, I would try for the Amazon card because I don’t mind throwing away HPs and I have had some surprising approvals along the way but depending on how much your Amazon spend is, that extra 2% may not be worth it. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the info I've gleaned from this board re: Chase, you probably shouldn't apply for ANY other cards for a while. There are threads where people have gotten their recently-approved Chase cards cancelled because they continued to seek new credit (with other lenders, even) too soon after getting their Chase card(s). Chase seems to be a jealous mistress. Don't piss her off!

And remember this adage: Credit is a marathon, not a sprint.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.