Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Blacklist?

tag
Winchester2005
Valued Member

Wells Fargo Blacklist?

Hello,

Back in 2013 I did a stupid thing with Wells Fargo and cashed a check at an ATM and it bounced, and they charged off my account after awhile of it being negative.

I have long since paid this off (in 2014) but remember applying for a credit card in like 2016 with them and they denied me instantly due to something like previous adverse banking relationship.

I am wondering if the blacklist for Wells is permanent? I am looking to get a new card (preferably the Wells Fargo Reflect) to take advantage of the promo 0% to buy an engagement ring, and the jewelers 0% offer has capitalized costs at tail end if I don't PIF at end of certain period

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Blacklist?

@Winchester2005 wrote:

Hello,

Back in 2013 I did a stupid thing with Wells Fargo and cashed a check at an ATM and it bounced, and they charged off my account after awhile of it being negative.

I have long since paid this off (in 2014) but remember applying for a credit card in like 2016 with them and they denied me instantly due to something like previous adverse banking relationship.

I am wondering if the blacklist for Wells is permanent? I am looking to get a new card (preferably the Wells Fargo Reflect) to take advantage of the promo 0% to buy an engagement ring, and the jewelers 0% offer has capitalized costs at tail end if I don't PIF at end of certain period

I don't know how they look at unpaid chargeoffs but I IIB my WF card in a 2017 Chapter 13 and was approved for a WF BILT card with a SL of $30K in October 2022. My DC was in January 2021. Granted, I had a very long history with WF going back to when I was a kid.

FICO 8 (1/21/24) EX 805 EQ 720 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778 TU 850
CH 13 DC 1/5/21 -- I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 6K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 5K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Gold Delta Skymiles 6K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 1K | Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I Affinity Pure Rewards Visa 5K
Message 2 of 4
TJHOFF
Established Member

I put them in a bankruptcy back in 1997 and in the past year they used the "adverse previous relationship" as one of the excuses to turn me down. Them, BA, Citi, Chase all have very long memories in my experience.

Message 3 of 4
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

WF and Amex have a very very long blacklist memory that sometimes never gives a second chance when it comes to charge offs. 

I'm still blacklisted at both from 1993 (30 years ago) for charge offs.

Thankfully, you have lots of other lenders to choose from to build better relationships with after learning from past mistakes.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.