Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI Insight

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CLI Insight

Hello! I’m looking for some guidance with my Chase Marriott card. I have had to for 2 months now with a limit of 5k. In that time I have put over 6.5k in spend and paid off entirely. Currently it has about 300$ on it.

What steps would I take in order to have the limit increased?
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CLI Insight

It'll be a HP (possibly 2) whenever you decide to pull the trigger, if you choose to go that route. Just keep using it as you have been and you can try anywhere from 6-12 months to determine whether you are ready for the CLI.

Unfortunately, Chase auto-CLIs are not as common and not something that can be predicted with certainty. Any potential auto-CLIs will largely depend on a lot of factors besides just usage.
Message 2 of 6
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
It'll be a HP (possibly 2) whenever you decide to pull the trigger, if you choose to go that route. Just keep using it as you have been and you can try anywhere from 6-12 months to determine whether you are ready for the CLI.

Unfortunately, Chase auto-CLIs are not as common and not something that can be predicted with certainty. Any potential auto-CLIs will largely depend on a lot of factors besides just usage.

+1111111

Message 3 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Pray for auto luv

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 6
Josh2942
Established Contributor

I can seccond that. I have a freedom unlimited that was at 5k, in 2 months it was automatically brought up to 8.5k. My CSR which was a product change from a freedom with 5 years of history, and I put 75k throught in a year and it is still at 10k.

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 5 of 6
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

DH has a 3yr CSR and got an auto CLI within the first 2-3mo (can’t remember) 30k to 37.5k after he put a 20k purchase on it then paid it off. Scores were in mid 700s if I remember correctly. Income 300k+.

I have a 3yr CSR and was at 10k basically the whole time despite putting 30-35k/yr spend on it. My scores have hovered in the low-mid 700s during this time. Finally took a HP in Aug to get it to 19k after the BK on my report fell off and scores jumped to 820s. Income 120k+

I also have a 2yr IHG card w a starting limit of 2k still. It was previously the select version that I PC’d to the premier version 3mo ago. I am testing to see if a product change will “reset” anything and trigger an auto CLI around the 4-6mo statement cycle as some people have mentioned on here by using the *hit out of it. lol

Worth mentioning that both my cards I had to recon to get bc of the bk.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.