Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom approval odds

Looking for some guidance in credit building and Chase Freedom approval odds. I am a current full time student. I am the authorized user in two cards. Discover since 2017 and Capital One Quicksilver since 2018. Current Fico 8 Exp 697. One student loan, $11k balance. Nothing negative in file but I understand it's "thin." I was just added to a third card as an authorized user, AMEX Gold card, but this hasn't reported yet. Zero pulls in FICO report. Utilization at 2%. Should I apply for the Freedom now or wait until AMEX reports? Not sure if that would raise my score or my chances. Looking for advice. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom approval odds

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking for some guidance in credit building and Chase Freedom approval odds. I am a current full time student. I am the authorized user in two cards. Discover since 2017 and Capital One Quicksilver since 2018. Current Fico 8 Exp 697. One student loan, $11k balance. Nothing negative in file but I understand it's "thin." I was just added to a third card as an authorized user, AMEX Gold card, but this hasn't reported yet. Zero pulls in FICO report. Utilization at 2%. Should I apply for the Freedom now or wait until AMEX reports? Not sure if that would raise my score or my chances. Looking for advice. Thank you! 

You would probably not get approved since you have not establish a credit history of your own. Chase wants at least 1 year of credit history now if you bank with them you may have a better shot. I would suggest discover prequal or capital one or maybe even a local CU.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 2 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, Hi and Welcome to the forums.

While there are a couple out of hundreds that were approved with a thin file of less than one year,

I have to be very honest .. The odds of an approval right now, are stacked against you. I would wait. JMHO

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do bank with Chase but I'll look into Discover. Thank you for your advice. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will wait. Thank you for your help. 

Message 5 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do bank with Chase but I'll look into Discover. Thank you for your advice. 

@Anonymous  I think Discover is a great option. Check the online pre-qualification page.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you bank with Chase make an appointment to speak with a personal banker.  Ask him/her if you have any in-branch pre-approvals for the Freedom cards.

Message 7 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since you bank with Chase make an appointment to speak with a personal banker.  Ask him/her if you have any in-branch pre-approvals for the Freedom cards.

+1   .. This could be a good workaround?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try that at the branch. If nothing then the student Freedom Versión I was thinking? Thank you again. Let you all know Monday. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.