cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Hates Me!! Never signing up again.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Hates Me!! Never signing up again.

Here's hoping for you, it seems often when they ask for verification with a 2-week wait it is generally an approval, since they're making the effort to verify. Also I've had double reports on new accounts. Talk about worry.... My discover card reported when it opened, then it reported again as NEW TRADE/ACCOUNT the 1st statement. I almost called EX when they gave me that alert. However, I monitored it all and it was just the same account being reported as opened.... twice.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is just... complicated... these days.  They have changed some of their verification and financial review policies... and some of the old datapoints here and elsewhere no longer apply.  Mine went on a roller coaster.

Do not give up hope yet.  I _LOVE_ working with chase, and they've been both a GREAT bank and a GREAT lender.  Worst worst case, follow some of the other suggestions here, pay down some of the other cards to > 10%, etc.  HOWEVER, before you do that, DO a recon call with Chase.  First, though, and this is the most painful part, *WAIT FOR THEIR LETTER*.  Their letter might send you to a number that is different than what has been published as the "normal" recon line.  That's what happened with me... their analysts were NOT able to access my app or provide me any status, everything was a back-end team. When I finally got through to someone, they submitted my app for recon with the additional info I provided.  It took a FULL WEEK, but one of the back-end analysts called me, we talked, and they approved me for a great SL.  This was TWO months ago - very recent data points.

So - seriously - it sucks, but be patient.  Get the letter and RECON.  

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate all of the info and the boost of confidence - still waiting on the letter. Pushing my utilization down as fast as possible,  prioritizing all of the advice for sure!! 

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Approved, finally have my foot in the door!!

APPROVED!! (happy dance goes here)

Thank you for everyone helping explain the situation, I was losing faith in Chase from my history with the company. With the help of the forums I avoided all of their walls and 

Unlimited Card $7500 SL, and it boost my credit score from 703 to 744 per letter perspective (I guess the next report?). I'm very happy all went great, a lot faster than I expected (6 days received the card compared to 2 weeks anticipation), and helped with my utilization immediately. This is my highest SL of all personal cards and looking to have that handshake completed for the Business Ink down the road with my foot finally in the door.

Appreciate you all!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

That is awesome to hear!

Message 25 of 27
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! All great advice given here, glad to see the positive outcome.

Message 26 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has been approved this thread is now closed to further comments
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.