Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Prequalified App - Dreaded 7-10 Day Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott Prequalified App - Dreaded 7-10 Day Message

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
As far as approvals themselves, if they are approved, they are approved.

There's always the chance Chase will rescind the cards for those who didn't truly qualify. It happened awhile back when there was tons of hype on the BoA Merrill card, for example. Some got the approvals taken away with an "approved in error" letter being sent out. That wasn't Chase, and I'm not saying it's the norm, but it certainly could happen - hopefully it doesn't, though.

Last year shortly after I joined here there was a glitch that was allowing people who shouldn't have been able to get CSP (5/24, credit score, etc) to get CSP with a green check mark offer. Chase shut down a bunch of them. 

Message 21 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

There's always the chance Chase will rescind the cards for those who didn't truly qualify. It happened awhile back when there was tons of hype on the BoA Merrill card, for example. Some got the approvals taken away with an "approved in error" letter being sent out. That wasn't Chase, and I'm not saying it's the norm, but it certainly could happen - hopefully it doesn't, though.

Last year shortly after I joined here there was a glitch that was allowing people who shouldn't have been able to get CSP (5/24, credit score, etc) to get CSP with a green check mark offer. Chase shut down a bunch of them. 

@Anonymous  Don't recall that one and there isn't much that gets by me as on this forum way to much also frequent a few others as well.  If you have a link would love to see it.

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  Don't recall that one and there isn't much that gets by me as on this forum way to much also frequent a few others as well.  If you have a link would love to see it.

I went through trying to find a thread on it but "Chase shut me down" threads are a dime a dozen. 

I remember it because it was the first time I had heard of a lender doing something like that and it totally turned me off Chase. 

Message 23 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I went through trying to find a thread on it but "Chase shut me down" threads are a dime a dozen. 

I remember it because it was the first time I had heard of a lender doing something like that and it totally turned me off Chase. 

Meh probably a one off thread as they appear a few times a year for various people, but don't recall one where it was a mass out cry of many people at least on this fourm that I recall..  Chase will certainly crack down on individuals that do 2 for 1's or other stuff they deem unsavoy.  

Message 24 of 39
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm blissfully unaware of any erroneous approvals by Chase in the past couple of years. 

Message 25 of 39
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Saren, your disappointment must not have been serious as you've talked about getting Freedom just a few days ago, after BK falls off.
Message 26 of 39
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s for chase customers and they are basically getting prequalified for a ton of offers they didn’t qualify for. Hundreds of posts about it on Facebook. It’s crazy!

Can you quantify what you mean by awful credit?  Below 600's?  Or are you talking in the mid 600's getting approved if so as stated chase is known to do this.  Be interesting if a glitch, but i doubt it as I certainly got two hp's from it..  Already show on my online account etc.  I think 19k for my approval is about right for my profile/income etc and compared to other chase cards and other lenders.  I know their have been some denials as well not all are approved from the little info i have found so far on DOC/Reddit..  Havent done any of the facebook groups though.  

I saw some denials on other places too so I'm not sure if it was a glitch to bypass the approval process. Some got denied on the Sapphire 48 month rule and others are waiting on a reason.

Good luck OP!

Message 27 of 39
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Can call the verification # in Sticky today as well and see if they need any information from you and if they do well you will know if they transfer you to lending not good or just await the letter.  

Do you mean that if they transfer me to lending, it is all over?

It would be nice to have that card but in reality any card that is half decent would be nice as I would like to have one or two more reporting and aging for when my scores massively jump in 400 something days.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 28 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Can call the verification # in Sticky today as well and see if they need any information from you and if they do well you will know if they transfer you to lending not good or just await the letter.  

Do you mean that if they transfer me to lending, it is all over?

It would be nice to have that card but in reality any card that is half decent would be nice as I would like to have one or two more reporting and aging for when my scores massively jump in 400 something days.

If transferred to lending and over 5/24 most likely would be all over if you called verification #..  Get ready for a good 30-45 mins conversation if transferred to lending etc.

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
Saren, your disappointment must not have been serious as you've talked about getting Freedom just a few days ago, after BK falls off.

I was turned off about AMEX too. Doesn't stop me from getting cards, just makes me aware that I can't rely on that card. 

My core cards are my Capital One cards and my NFCU cards. They're the ones that I know I can rely on and if something were to happen and I had to choose three cards to keep, my NFCU Platinum, NFCU cashRewards, and QS would be the cards I would choose to keep. 

I have no problem getting a SUB from Chase though. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.