Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Reconsideration?

tag
CommanderCody
New Contributor

Chase Reconsideration?

I recently was approved for the Slate for 4k. I had planned to BT about 4.5k to before apping. Will they reconsider the limit? Anyone had success with this? Can I  ask for a CLI just a few days after approval?

I do have two other cards with Chase that could be used to reallocate limits, 6.3k and 8.1k, but have other plans for them and prefer not to. 

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Reconsideration?

You can ask for reconsideration but it will be a 2nd HP.

Message 2 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Chase will reconsider the limit. As stated, it will be an additional HP, possibly two.

Message 3 of 11
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Slate approval. I read on the internet that Chase Slate was being discontinued so I never tried to obtain a CLI in addition; Chase wanted to do a HP that I wouldn't agree to. I will keep that in mind as I've had my Slate card since 2011 and obtained when my score was in the mid-500s. I would ask Chase to reconsider only if another HP wasn't required. Best wishes and I hope you obtain the desired results.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 11
delaney1
Established Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Congrats on your Chase Slate approval. I read on the internet that Chase Slate was being discontinued so I never tried to obtain a CLI in addition; Chase wanted to do a HP that I wouldn't agree to. I will keep that in mind as I've had my Slate card since 2011 and obtained when my score was in the mid-500s. I would ask Chase to reconsider only if another HP wasn't required. Best wishes and I hope you obtain the desired results.

Are you aware you can PC the Slate to another card? Just throwing that out there in case you didn't know. I PC'd mine to Freedom about six years ago.

Message 5 of 11
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@delaney1 Thanks for posting . . . Chase offered me the product change with a HP and I declined because I still had one CO from BoA on my EX file -and- was scheduled to purge 12/2022. I'm still doing the "Happy Dance" as EX deleted the CO on 5/15/2021. Hopefully Chase will send me a pre-approval, an auto CLI or an upgrade of some sort . . . otherwise, I will apply for the Chase Marriott Bonvoy or the AmEx Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant for travel purposes.

Message 6 of 11
delaney1
Established Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

@delaney1 Thanks for posting . . . Chase offered me the product change with a HP and I declined because I still had one CO from BoA on my EX file -and- was scheduled to purge 12/2022. I'm still doing the "Happy Dance" as EX deleted the CO on 5/15/2021. Hopefully Chase will send me a pre-approval, an auto CLI or an upgrade of some sort . . . otherwise, I will apply for the Chase Marriott Bonvoy or the AmEx Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant for travel purposes.

Wow, I've never heard of a Chase PC with a hard pull. I would have declined a PC if it involved a hardpull. I wonder if this was just a misinformed rep.

Message 7 of 11
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@delaney1 I will call again to see about an upgrade . . . the CSR said my Chase Slate limit was only $300.00 and the Freedom was a minimum of $5k so that would require a HP. I checked my prior monthly EX credit reportsand Chase did a SP every month -and- sometimes twice a month . . . I truly belive I was limited because of the BOA CO . . . I will see!!!

Message 8 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Back to OPs question, please. 

Message 9 of 11
delaney1
Established Contributor

@delaney1 wrote:

@babygirl1256 wrote:

@delaney1 I will call again to see about an upgrade . . . the CSR said my Chase Slate limit was only $300.00 and the Freedom was a minimum of $5k so that would require a HP. I checked my prior monthly EX credit reportsand Chase did a SP every month -and- sometimes twice a month . . . I truly belive I was limited because of the BOA CO . . . I will see!!!

My Slate was only $500 when I PC'd to Freedom and I had a card go into collection with Chase years ago and was still able to upgrade. I'd definitely try again.

ETA; just saw your reply @Remedios. Didn't mean to threadjack!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.