Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase card denial

tag
cupofcoffee
New Contributor

Chase card denial

Hi everyone.

I applied for a Chase disney card a few months back (I've applied 2 times before over the past 6 months as well as trying a few times at capital one/citi) and I got a denial letter saying: too many requests for credit in the past 3 months, and also: too many requests for credit in the past 24 months. My credit history is 7 months old. I realize I applied too many times, my only credit card is an Amex I got using the global transfer service (transferring my UK credit history) and I foolishly assumed since amex is a card that requires an established credit history, that would mean I could apply for others pretty quickly, I have learned my lesson now though! I am confused by the denial letter however. Does the 2nd reason for denial mean I won't be able to apply for 24 months? Any advice would be helpful Smiley Happy I just started generating a FICO score through Amex, Experian FICO 8 728, and my Equifax non-FICO score is 675.  (I didn't realize FICO takes 6 months to start generating till I found this fourm, another rookie mistake lol)

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase card denial

Hello and welcome to the forums!

How many inquiries do you have?  I know that Chase would prefer to see a year of history before being approved.  There have been people approved outside of these guidelines but they are few and far between.

Message 2 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome to the forum and US creditSmiley Wink I love coffee so ill drink one in your honor and the knowledge that now you found myFico, your credit journey will be much smootherSmiley Happy CheersSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 29
cupofcoffee
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forums!

How many inquiries do you have?  I know that Chase would prefer to see a year of history before being approved.  There have been people approved outside of these guidelines but they are few and far between.

11, a few were from Amex trying to pull my credit when I first applied and failing since I didn't have a credit file at the time. I tried going through global transfer but they put my application through the standard way until I called back, and I also tried asking about a product change cause I wasn't sure about the cash magnet card, and I think that resulted in a pull. The rest are from Chase (the first time I tried they couldn't find a file and I was told to retry later but it still resulted in a hard pull), capital one and citi. I think one was from my bank as my account is new. Thanks for welcoming me! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 29
cupofcoffee
New Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Welcome to the forum and US creditSmiley Wink I love coffee so ill drink one in your honor and the knowledge that now you found myFico, your credit journey will be much smootherSmiley Happy CheersSmiley Happy

Hahaha thank you! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 5 of 29
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@cupofcoffee wrote:

11, a few were from Amex trying to pull my credit when I first applied and failing since I didn't have a credit file at the time. I tried going through global transfer but they put my application through the standard way until I called back, and I also tried asking about a product change cause I wasn't sure about the cash magnet card, and I think that resulted in a pull. The rest are from Chase (the first time I tried they couldn't find a file and I was told to retry later but it still resulted in a hard pull), capital one and citi. I think one was from my bank as my account is new. Thanks for welcoming me! Smiley Happy

WOW!!!. Sorry, but no prime bank will approve unsecured credit with a file containing that many inquiries with less than one year of history. I would start looking at secured cards or wait until they age.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

ehhhhhh....yeah they will I see it with my own eyes almost daily on this forum! LOL Heck let me DOUBLE DOWN - I DID IT! So NO you are WRONG! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 29
cupofcoffee
New Contributor

Ah ok, so do you think I would ned to wait 24 months like the Chase denial stated? or would like another 6-12months be OK?

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't answer that  - I would say with Chase particularly - YES. The others no and don't get so enamored with Chase. You have LOTS of OPTIONS my friend. LOL   ride it out 6 months and see what doors open through the prequal sites such as Amex, Discover, etc..

I just don't like when people blatantly pop off with fictional replies like they are the gospel!! Its garbage - you have a shot. Just give it some time. I wish you nothing but the best! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 29
cupofcoffee
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't answer that  - I would say with Chase particularly - YES. The others no and don't get so enamored with Chase. You have LOTS of OPTIONS my friend. LOL   ride it out 6 months and see what doors open through the prequal sites such as Amex, Discover, etc..

I just don't like when people blatantly pop off with fictional replies like they are the gospel!! Its garbage - you have a shot. Just give it some time. I wish you nothing but the best! Smiley Happy

Thank you! Unfortunately I won’t be able to apply for Discover since I have an ITIN (tax ID for people ineligible for ssn), and Discover only accepts SSNs; Chase, BofA, Amex, capital one and Citi all accept ITINs though, they’re the same length as an SSN Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.