Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase with the denial!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase with the denial!

So I cold apped to Chase for a freedom to see if I could get a Freedom from them since I figured I would go ahead and try to get my foot in the door with them early for a CSP/CSR next year. Got the denied page. Smiley Sad

THE DATA:
Pulled Equifax.
EQ: 670
CO: 1, paid off a year ago, never sent into collection
Student loan, car loan
6 inquires from car shopping from a year and a half ago, 1 from Cap1 for original platinum.
Uti at time of pull 9% of 1000
AAoA: 3.6 years
Cap1: 4 months ago opened

Called to recon this morning: Could not approve. The main reason is I don’t have enough credit available to me currently. The charge off tii was an issue but the CSR didn’t focus on that.

Im gonna call one more time tomorrow... I don’t wanna be too desperate lol after that I will drop it. I got my first credit card application denied. Chase made me realize I got plenty of more work to do in the garden.

I really wanted a VISA to compliment my cards now before I garden but I got prequals for a Discover IT for 19% APR after intro. So seems pretty good chances for a second revolver to compliment my Gold card.

Happy applying!!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase with the denial!

Sorry for the denial. Chase is a tough one to say the least. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s alright! I knew Chase was a tough one to get into. I just didn’t think they would gloss over my 100% payment history on all my other accounts and only look at my credit account with capital one and my charge off with WF. I suppose they believe I’m a thin file in that aspect.
Message 3 of 11
Wizard10
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I cold apped to Chase for a freedom to see if I could get a Freedom from them since I figured I would go ahead and try to get my foot in the door with them early for a CSP/CSR next year. Got the denied page. Smiley Sad

THE DATA:
Pulled Equifax.
EQ: 670
CO: 1, paid off a year ago, never sent into collection
Student loan, car loan
6 inquires from car shopping from a year and a half ago, 1 from Cap1 for original platinum.
Uti at time of pull 9% of 1000
AAoA: 3.6 years
Cap1: 4 months ago opened

Called to recon this morning: Could not approve. The main reason is I don’t have enough credit available to me currently. The charge off tii was an issue but the CSR didn’t focus on that.

Im gonna call one more time tomorrow... I don’t wanna be too desperate lol after that I will drop it. I got my first credit card application denied. Chase made me realize I got plenty of more work to do in the garden.

I really wanted a VISA to compliment my cards now before I garden but I got prequals for a Discover IT for 19% APR after intro. So seems pretty good chances for a second revolver to compliment my Gold card.

Happy applying!!!

I was going to apply for chase when I got around 670. I’m at 621 and 630 for my bank card 8 score. Seeing you got denied I’ll wait a little longer even though I know each credit file is different. Good luck on your second recon call when you do it. Post as update if you don’t mind. 

Message 4 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Sorry abou the denial, OP. 

If your signature is up to date, you do have a thin file and with CO present, it's a tricky combo. Makes it harder for computer to determine how you'd handle multiple accounts. 

I dont know where you are 5/24 wise, but I'd grab another card or two depending on your needs, let them age and build positive payment history.  Chase will still be there later. 

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I would take care of that charge off although only a year old they certainly can collect on it in most states for 7 years and as it gets closer to that 7 years the more likely they will slap you with a judgement.  Although Chase might not of cared, it can hurt you alot more later than it is already doing now.

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Chase probably could care less on 100% payment history. They focus more on 5/24, profitability, and thicker profiles.
Message 7 of 11
Wizard10
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Chase probably could care less on 100% payment history. They focus more on 5/24, profitability, and thicker profiles.

I mostly hang out in the rebuilding forms as that’s what I’m doing but I do venture out to other places here. I’ve seen lots of mentions to thicker profiles what normally constitutes a thick profile? 

For me I have 2 secured cards 1 belongs to me and I’m an AU on another. And I have one standard card but I’m also an AU on that card and lastly an installment loan these are all current. Would my file be considered thin?

Message 8 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

I would garden for 6 months then check their prequal site for offers. Also, was the CO paid or unpaid?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I dealt with the charge off when I knew less about negotiating it. I was able to work with Wells Fargo to not let it go into collection and get it to “paid charge off.” So it’s just closed at this point and not reporting. Ultimately, a store card in which you can only pay through an employee access portal is a bad choice my friends. Paying it becomes a hassle. Especially when you don’t work there anymore and don’t have access to that portal.

I have come a long way since then thankfully. Chase will take me some day! A lot of other people to work with until then!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.