Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI Denial

tag
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Citi CLI Denial

Why is Citi giving me such a hard time for DC CLI. Near 800 Fico 8 Bankcard in their mobile app. CLI denied due to too many inquiries on equifax. I'm 0/6, 2/12, 2/24 for inquiries on equifax. This is a joke.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi CLI Denial

Do you have inquiries/new accounts on other CRA's?  They certainly SP other CRAs as well and also can see new accounts reporting beyond EQ inquiries.  Citi has tightened up no doubt, but plenty of CLI's going around depend on accounts/inquiries/income/fico, etc, etc.

Message 2 of 6
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Are you carrying a balance on any Citi cards? I was in a very similar situation as you some months ago and got consistent CLI denials from them, allegedly for too many inquiries. I was carrying a balance on a Citi card at the time. I didn't think it was a big deal, because it was less than 30% of the card's limit and it was on a 0% APR offer. But as soon as I paid that off, they started saying yes to my CLI requests.

Message 3 of 6
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Are you carrying a balance on any Citi cards? I was in a very similar situation as you some months ago and got consistent CLI denials from them, allegedly for too many inquiries. I was carrying a balance on a Citi card at the time. I didn't think it was a big deal, because it was less than 30% of the card's limit and it was on a 0% APR offer. But as soon as I paid that off, they started saying yes to my CLI requests.

Interesting. Well the card has a balance on it but I pay it off before the statement cuts.

Message 4 of 6
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Well today I put in the same information and the computer spat out a 5K CLI. Was only expecting the usual $1.5K....I wondering if I'm out of the dog house and can app for the Premier?

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

An approved CLI would be inconsequential to a separate application for a new account. You can definitely roll the dice and see.  That said, since you have provided an update on your recent CLI approval, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.