Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI HP/SP Language....Looking for feedback

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Citi CLI HP/SP Language....Looking for feedback

Question for those of you with a Citibank Card (not a Retail DNSB card)...

I've heard people say "I had the SP Language online" and while my account is too new (it's a month old...and it's my first with them so I'm learning) a link exists to request a CLI but the language clearly states a HP will be done.  I know there's some DP's about SP CLI's at 3 months and 6 months.  To those of you with an existing account, when you say "SP Language" does your online account read like this?  Or does it omit the part about "need to obtain a credit report"  I'm hoping you see something different so I can keep an eye on this and when the language changes, I can make the request.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks a lot!!

Citi CLI.png

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi CLI HP/SP Language....Looking for feedback

If a Citi legacy account qualifies for a SP CLI review, then the language would contain something along the lines of "a credit report will not be obtained".  Anything other than that will be a HP.   Just keep in mind that even if the SP language displays, it doesn't necessarily mean that a CLI will be approved.  It just means no HP.

Message 2 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @FinStar 

That's the language I will keep an eye out for.  Agree 100%, it's not meant that I'll get it...but I don't have to endure a HP for the ask.  

Appreciate it...Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Question for those of you with a Citibank Card (not a Retail DNSB card)...

I've heard people say "I had the SP Language online" and while my account is too new (it's a month old...and it's my first with them so I'm learning) a link exists to request a CLI but the language clearly states a HP will be done.  I know there's some DP's about SP CLI's at 3 months and 6 months.  To those of you with an existing account, when you say "SP Language" does your online account read like this?  Or does it omit the part about "need to obtain a credit report"  I'm hoping you see something different so I can keep an eye on this and when the language changes, I can make the request.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks a lot!!

Citi CLI.png

It will say:

"We will not obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request, and you will receive a decision instantly."

It's pretty clear when the language changes. A change in language is no guarantee of approval, just means they won't HP your file.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @chiefone4u 

That's great to know.  I have other accounts where it says "a HP may be necessary" so it's rather vague and I was hoping Citi wasn't like that.  From what you've stated...they're not and that is helpful.  Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

You are welcome! 

I went to citi's website to get exact language and @FinStar beat me to the answer. 

FYI, Costco card tells you when your last limit change was made, and when you can make another request if you click the link less than 6 month's after your last limit change (learned that today while trying to find the language for you).

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 6 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@chiefone4u wrote:

You are welcome! 

I went to citi's website to get exact language and @FinStar beat me to the answer. 

FYI, Costco card tells you when your last limit change was made, and when you can make another request if you click the link less than 6 month's after your last limit change (learned that today while trying to find the language for you).

You're awesome!  Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.