Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash/24 Inquiries

tag
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

Citi Custom Cash/24 Inquiries

What is the best strategies to get this card, at this moment I have 24 inquiries, 12 will be dropped off by November. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Custom Cash/24 Inquiries

Nothing is certain with Citi or Well or any lender for that matter.. What can be done is let alot of those inquiries fall off as 24 on one CRA is excessive by any metrics.  No one can answer this question with 100% certainty esp. in the current economic environment..  You mention just inquires nothing w/regards to scores, cards, balances, ultilzation how many new accounts etc.

Message 2 of 13
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Nothing is certain with Citi or Well or any lender for that matter.. What can be done is let alot of those inquiries fall off as 24 on one CRA is excessive by any metrics.  No one can answer this question with 100% certainty esp. in the current economic environment..  Alot you mention just inquires nothing w/regards to scores, cards, balances, ultilzation how many new accounts etc.

27 months ago my credit limit was $300 Capital One Platinum, now I have 39 open accounts, 6 of them AU not including car loan. My Credit limit is 190K, utilization is 0% - 1% on every card. Score is 774. 7 new accounts were opened in the last 4 months. No lender is approving me for a new card. 

Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I would personally wait esp with such a young profile as your own a year since last card application.  With that said you never know and without risk their are no rewards.  At least wait 6 months before trying since last inquiry/application if you can't wait longer.  Credit is a marathon and not a sprint

Message 4 of 13
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@AyaMai wrote:

What is the best strategies to get this card, at this moment I have 24 inquiries, 12 will be dropped off by November. 

Between that and all the new credit you've been posting and given Citi is a fairly difficult card to get and INQ sensitive you'll totally garden and wait at least 1 full year before you even think about it (or any other card really). Like said upthread, good credit building is a marathon not a sprint.

Message 5 of 13
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Credit is a marathon and not a sprint

I can not disagree with you in that statement.  

Message 6 of 13
Bill77
Regular Contributor

My opinion is with that velocity you don't even have a good chance in November with Citi.  As someone else said, I would wait 1 year before trying Citi or move on to other easier issuers.

Message 7 of 13
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

@Bill77 wrote:

My opinion is with that velocity you don't even have a good chance in November with Citi.  As someone else said, I would wait 1 year before trying Citi or move on to other easier issuers.

Have no desire to get cards from BOA though they are my bank for more than 22 years and they denied me for a secured visa.  Wells Fargo not interested since my banking years with them before BOA was terrible due to 4:00 PM cut off time to credit your deposits. Capital One have 3 buckted cards with them, last cards will work on increasing my limits, one of them is the oldest. Citi, I am AU on my wife's Costco Anywhere Visa & on her 3 Chase cards.

'My opinion is with that velocity you don't even have a good chance in November with Citi'  that's the reason I posted the question aware of my own velocity in going after cards. Last March I got hit with a collection of an old debt which I thought was gone many years ago, far passed the 7 years rule, was fortunate to have had applied for cards before that especially with Amex and Synchrony. I applied for 3 Comenity Cards AAA/Toyota/NFL since October after reading that Comenity pulls from Equifax on myFICO forums which the only one my collection did not exist. A month ago my collection file disappeared from Experian and TransUnion, my score jumped 66 points to 774, I though it was Equifax I was looking at. I decided to apply for cards, god knows what's hiding for me again in future. The part what puzzles me is that I got a phone call last weekend from Collection Agency which posted the collection and removed it. I do not respond phone numbers which are not listed in my contacts, Pixel phones transcribe your voice messages or blocks spam calls.  I use Skype to call the numbers which were not blocked by my Pixel phone. 

Yes I have to stop applying for any cards for 2 years if I ever want to get a card from Citi or Chase. I am done applying for Comenity, Synchrony, Discover and just one more card from Amex 'A Soft Pull', no BOA, No Wells Fargo, no Store Cards just Synchrony Amazon Prime Store Card which I have. Will be working on my credit cards credit limit increases again after I am done with SUB. 

Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AyaMai wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Nothing is certain with Citi or Well or any lender for that matter.. What can be done is let alot of those inquiries fall off as 24 on one CRA is excessive by any metrics.  No one can answer this question with 100% certainty esp. in the current economic environment..  Alot you mention just inquires nothing w/regards to scores, cards, balances, ultilzation how many new accounts etc.

27 months ago my credit limit was $300 Capital One Platinum, now I have 39 open accounts, 6 of them AU not including car loan. My Credit limit is 190K, utilization is 0% - 1% on every card. Score is 774. 7 new accounts were opened in the last 4 months. No lender is approving me for a new card

Unfortunately, you will not be approved. Save the time to let all those recently opened accounts and inquiries age off.

Message 9 of 13
StephenH
Regular Contributor

@AyaMai wrote:

It's not possible; I'll tell you what I told my dad, you have to leave everything alone for the next 3 years. Clean up your reports, free of inquiries. If you absolutely need to get your fix, ask for sp cli's.

There are so many threads you've created pretty much asking the same exact question. With 19 new accounts you should have the ability to maximize your rewards in any category, leave your credit alone!

Bankruptcy Chapter 7 DC 03/2021
IIB: Chase CSR 10K, Amex BCP 20K, Disco It 9K, Citi DC 3K

Cap One Plat. 04/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 3.3K ---> PC Venture One ---> PC QS ---> PC Savor One
Cap One QS1 08/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 5.5K ---> PC QS (no AF) ---> PC Venture ---> PC QS
Penfed PCR 12/2022 12.5K SL

Installment Loan 08/2021 ( PIF)
Student Loan 09/2014 10K remaining

As of 04/2024:
FICO 8: 707 EX, 701 EQ, 703 TU
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.