cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Custom Cash CLI Denial - Max Exposure?

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Custom Cash CLI Denial - Max Exposure?

@Taurus22 wrote:

My curiosity about this is:  I converted from Double Cash to Custom Cash in Oct. 2021...(3-1/2 months ago)

With that conversion, I preserved the card history since opening in 2013 (which was my intent for the conversion), but did my 6-month CLI clock reset back in Oct. when I converted?  My last CLI on the prior Double Cash was July '21.

EDIT:  Nevermind.....I just went to the portal to check it out. Evidently, my 6-month clock did not reset. Had soft pull language, and just got a $2,000 SP increase.  That was a nice surprise... There's a DP for the recent Double Cash convertee's.

Congratulations on your Custom Cash CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@regional_ryan wrote:

Usually with Citi you can expect to get a CLI a week or so after your second statement cuts. Its every 6 months after that. This has been my expereince. 

I have seen other DPs that suggest this. I had three statement cuts on my Custom Cash before trying in this case. I'm thinking I will try again after the sixth statement cut. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 12 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi I have the Citi double cashback mastercard, I get 2K increases every 6 months with soft pulls the credit limit is 21.6K. The question is what is my enternal limit with Citi bank income is 85K only have the Citi double cashback card some time this summer will apply for the custom cash card, fico's scores are around 800.

Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

Hi I have the Citi double cashback mastercard, I get 2K increases every 6 months with soft pulls the credit limit is 21.6K. The question is what is my enternal limit with Citi bank income is 85K only have the Citi double cashback card some time this summer will apply for the custom cash card, fico's scores are around 800.

@firefox100 only Citi's systems are able to determine what your maximum exposure is. No one here knows those particulars. The maximum unsecured exposure will vary for everyone. And, you'll eventually hit the max -- you'll know it when it happens.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.