Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Data Points Please

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Prestige Data Points Please

Ha! I just typed this in a different thread

I had no prequals, even on the day I applied and was approved (Premier though). 

Single EX pull, I believe bankcard score was 779 at the time, 4/12, whoknows/24

If you wait for Citi prequal, it might be a long wait. 

Message 11 of 28
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I've never had a Citi prequal.  Cold apped and approved for Simplicity, Premier, and Double Cash.  I still had a 7 year old paid charge off on TU when I applied for Premier and was approved.  I'm lol/24.

Message 12 of 28
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@wingennis wrote:

I've never had a Citi prequal.  Cold apped and approved for Simplicity, Premier, and Double Cash.  I still had a 7 year old paid charge off on TU when I applied for Premier and was approved.  I'm lol/24.

Would Citi Premier be easier to get in with vs. Citi Prestige ? or is the underwriting the same ?

Message 13 of 28
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:

@wingennis wrote:

Would Citi Premier be easier to get in with vs. Citi Prestige ? or is the underwriting the same ?

Premier is easier to get in with and can be PCed (assuming CL is sufficient) at 1 year.

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 14 of 28
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I hate to just guess but I can't imaging underwriting would be that different.  That's like asking if Amex Platinum or Gold is hardest to get.  They're pretty much the same in terms of underwriting.  Amex would love for you to pay $550 instead of $250 and I would speculate that citi is pretty much the same...

Message 15 of 28
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I didnt think of it that way.

Message 16 of 28
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with Citi Prestige Approval odds/experience?  

DP -

4 inq in the last 6 months across all 3 bureau 

690 Ex

690 Equifax 

723 Transunion 

1 newest account as a AU was in 12/19

1 newest account as primary was in 11/19

Thank you all in advance. 

They pulled EQ for me, which is at 722 EQ8, but 743 EQ Bankcard 8 (which is what they actually look at). Don'ttrythisathome/24 in terms of accounts. Approved for $26,000 after verifying that I applied for the account. I had just added the Simplicity a couple of months earlier, so that may have been a factor in the approval. No prequal and never had one from Citi. 

Check the EQ Bankcard 8 score before you go for this. If it's also below 700, hold off until you can get a prequal from Citi.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 17 of 28
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with Citi Prestige Approval odds/experience?  

DP -

4 inq in the last 6 months across all 3 bureau 

690 Ex

690 Equifax 

723 Transunion 

1 newest account as a AU was in 12/19

1 newest account as primary was in 11/19

Thank you all in advance. 

They pulled EQ for me, which is at 722 EQ8, but 743 EQ Bankcard 8 (which is what they actually look at). Don'ttrythisathome/24 in terms of accounts. Approved for $26,000 after verifying that I applied for the account. I had just added the Simplicity a couple of months earlier, so that may have been a factor in the approval. No prequal and never had one from Citi. 

Check the EQ Bankcard 8 score before you go for this. If it's also below 700, hold off until you can get a prequal from Citi.

So what i am gathering , the common factor is that Bankcard8 Equifax and above 700.

Message 18 of 28
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Current Fico Bankcard 8 Score 688

Message 19 of 28
swpopham
Established Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:

Current Fico Bankcard 8 Score 688

Why are you after it after they axed the benefits? Id close it but its our 2nd highest CL. My wife was 720 and 295k income when we picked up the card in 17, started at 20k, stuck at 78.5k limit. 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.