Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity CLI question

Hi, I have had 5 Comenity CC's for almost a year and a half, every month until this month (march) they have given me a CLI. I had carried balances on/off on some of the cards, but just paid 3 completely off and have had no activity on them for a month, two cards however do have a balance. I tried to get my monthly CLI again this month and was denied on all cards, when usually it's granted.

The reasons on two were that they just gave me a CLI, on another it said it was due to not having a house with payment history showing on my mortgage, and that I have a bk on my record (from before they gave me the cards). This is so weird, anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI question

it's simple, go buy a house.lol

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now and then Comenity pays attention. 

Message 3 of 14
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

I wouldn't read too much into it, its just Comenity being Comenity. I have a few cards with them and recently hit a snag with them on a usually monthly CLI card for goofy reasons. 

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Swarty. Have you been avlw to get a cli since you also hit a snag or arw they still being weird? I figure I'll keep trying on the 5th like I've always done.

Message 5 of 14
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I've had similar issues, I have 5 stc cards that will all be a year in May, Ive gotten cli just about monthly, William Sonoma sl 500 is now $12,000. It sat at 10k for 2 months b4 the would increase again. Also there is overstock, opened that in Aug 2000 sl I think, it's now $12,100, it too sat at 10k for 2 months. Jcrew started 250 cl and is now 2800, some months I get a cli some I dont, the letters say various reasons, I just ignore them and try again in 31 days. I wouldn't worry if you don't get a cli for the next couple months, it is nothing unusual at all to go several months between stc cards without a cli.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 6 of 14
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Thanks Swarty. Have you been avlw to get a cli since you also hit a snag or arw they still being weird? I figure I'll keep trying on the 5th like I've always done.

That's a negative. i tried again last week and it returned the same results...

-Unable to verify credit history (what??)

-Revolving credit balance too high (its less than half what it was last time they gave me a CLI)

-Late pays (this is true from almost 7 years ago but as mentioned above...recent CLI no issue)

I sent a secure message and they replied to call them but meh...maybe.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 7 of 14
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Send them $1 to force a statement cut and then the cli should start back. That usually works for me.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So just pay them an extra $1 then wait for the statement to cut, then after do another cli?
Message 9 of 14
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Yes, that's what works for me. I dont use my cards so thats how keep them active and reporting. Ive went from 6k to 22.5k using that method.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.