cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card approval question

tag
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit card approval question


@tithelady wrote:
Help. Want to feel comfortable applying for credit and avoid unnecessary hard pulls

Presently have the following scores

TransUnion Fico 8 768

Experian.   "".           706

Equifax.                    757

No real debt whatsoever.  Credit card very low limit $600 1 year old when my spouse and I medical debt that since has been paid in full!!! The medical collection alone wrecked havoc on credit. He passed away as a result medical issues.

 

Paid cc in full for now 12 months, with less than 15% useage each month. SAvings, checking and money market , pension and ss.  long term member of navy federal cu and bayport cu.  
ive worked hard to handle credit , so scared to apply for credit line or cc in fear of denial and hard pulls. Preapprovals always say I will be approved. 
Any suggestions?


Sorry to hear about your husband. I would take a look at Navy Federal credit union and see if you'd like one of their credit cards there. They pull TransUnion and that is your highest score and you have had a relationship with them for a while. I have the flagship and the cash rewards and I love them both. 

Message 11 of 16
tithelady
Established Member

Re: Credit card approval

No intentional. Getting comfortable using. Please don't beat me up on that matter. Learning curve. 

Message 12 of 16
tithelady
Established Member

Re: Help. Want to feel comfortable applying for credit and avoid unnecessary hard pulls


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@tithelady wrote:

Presently have the following scores

TransUnion Fico 8 768

Experian.   "".           706

Equifax.                    757

No real debt whatsoever.  Credit card very low limit $600 1 year old when my spouse and I medical debt that since has been paid in full!!! The medical collection alone wrecked havoc on credit. He passed away as a result medical issues.

 

Paid cc in full for now 12 months, with less than 15% useage each month. SAvings, checking and money market , pension and ss.  long term member of navy federal cu and bayport cu.  
ive worked hard to handle credit , so scared to apply for credit line or cc in fear of denial and hard pulls. Preapprovals always say I will be approved. 
Any suggestions?

 

 


I would suggest applying for a credit card with one of your credit unions.



Ty

Message 13 of 16
tithelady
Established Member

Re: Help. Want to feel comfortable applying for credit and avoid unnecessary hard pulls


@FireMedic1 wrote:

@tithelady wrote:

Presently have the following scores

TransUnion Fico 8 768

Experian.   "".           706

Equifax.                    757

No real debt whatsoever.  Credit card very low limit $600 1 year old when my spouse and I medical debt that since has been paid in full!!! The medical collection alone wrecked havoc on credit. He passed away as a result medical issues.

 

Paid cc in full for now 12 months, with less than 15% useage each month. SAvings, checking and money market , pension and ss.  long term member of navy federal cu and bayport cu.  
ive worked hard to handle credit , so scared to apply for credit line or cc in fear of denial and hard pulls. Preapprovals always say I will be approved. 
Any suggestions?

 

 


Dont worry about usage. Its whats reported on statement cut day which should be around 6%. More usage. Better chance of approval and CLI's. Since your a member of NFCU. You can ask for a CLI online and its a SP. And apply for a card to suit your needs. Did the medical collections fall off once paid?



Yes paid in full and immediately fell off. 
Made a wonderful difference

Going to do gardening. 
Working towards 800 cs now. 
TY!!!

Message 14 of 16
tithelady
Established Member

Re: Credit card approval question


@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

@tithelady wrote:
Help. Want to feel comfortable applying for credit and avoid unnecessary hard pulls

Presently have the following scores

TransUnion Fico 8 768

Experian.   "".           706

Equifax.                    757

No real debt whatsoever.  Credit card very low limit $600 1 year old when my spouse and I medical debt that since has been paid in full!!! The medical collection alone wrecked havoc on credit. He passed away as a result medical issues.

 

Paid cc in full for now 12 months, with less than 15% useage each month. SAvings, checking and money market , pension and ss.  long term member of navy federal cu and bayport cu.  
ive worked hard to handle credit , so scared to apply for credit line or cc in fear of denial and hard pulls. Preapprovals always say I will be approved. 
Any suggestions?


Sorry to hear about your husband. I would take a look at Navy Federal credit union and see if you'd like one of their credit cards there. They pull TransUnion and that is your highest score and you have had a relationship with them for a while. I have the flagship and the cash rewards and I love them both. 



Ty for those kind words.  Great advice. 

Message 15 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit card approval


@tithelady wrote:

No intentional. Getting comfortable using. Please don't beat me up on that matter. Learning curve. 


Sorry, didn't mean to 'beat you up' over it Smiley Happy


Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.