Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Approval...Maybe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Approval...Maybe?

I just Apped for DCU and message saying Congratulations you have been approved $10k SL...but the message said a DCU representative will be in touch with me.   In touch for what?   Is this a real approval?  Will I need to provide POI?      I got an approval from PenFed last year, but they ended up needing current year taxes which I hadn't done yet.  I supplied taxes but they did another hard pull and I was eventually denied (I think because I had opened up new accounts in the interim).

Love to get any experiences and data points with DCU approvals.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Approval...Maybe?

They most likely will require proof of income.

Message 2 of 14
thummel
Established Contributor

I got the same message when I was approved and they required POI
Message 3 of 14
peghede
Valued Contributor

They always ask for POI

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghedewrote:

They always ask for POI

No. They don’t. Got mine without POI. Maybe it’s because I bank with them. 

They just called me and asked questions about my CR. I ended up getting 1.5k more than I asked for(7k). 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?

Message 6 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@peghedewrote:

They always ask for POI

No. They don’t. Got mine without POI. Maybe it’s because I bank with them. 

They just called me and asked questions about my CR. I ended up getting 1.5k more than I asked for(7k). 

One can pretty much expect a request from them for POI the first time one applies for any kind of loan, even if its a secured loan.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me got approved for a refinance and cc they rep said he was sending a email to upload some docs ..did that and it also said I had to become a member filed that out got a message saying Chexsystem was frozen 🤷🏽‍♀️ Idk what the hell that is finally spoke to someone waiting on a pin to be mailed In order to unfreeze it so I can proceed🤷🏽‍♀️
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an approval email today.  It said I needed to become a member of DCU to proceed.  It said that on the screen when I applied, but I didn't bother at the time.   I called in to become a memeber.  CSR said I had to apply online, but asked for my application number to research.  He came back and said I only needed to become a member and that no additional documentation would be required.    

I went online and joined after the call.  Just had to make a $10 donation to a Remeber the Schools charity and deposit $5 to open a savings account.   Message said I will get response in 24hrs.

I'm still skeptical, but we'll see.   I'll let you guys know what happens.  Fingers crossed!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning at 7am I got this email from the CSR:

65musclecar,
Your membership is opened and the credit card has been booked as well.

You will receive a membership kit in the mail and the DCU Platinum Visa Card in 7-10 days.

BIG SMILEY FACE

This puts the new credit from my little spring App Spree at $33k and my TCL over $150k!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.