Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined, Want to Apply for Different Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined, Want to Apply for Different Card

Just for data points, I've had two QS1s changed to QS before either were a year old. Always YMMV
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called and asked for a recon, still declined. Understandable, they changed their reason from too few accounts to specifically no revolving accounts. Will now apply for QS1, or Platinum, still haven't decided.

QS1 has the cash back, but I read more often that Platinum is changed more often to QS so I'll have to put some thought into that. Also, fee vs. no fee but cash back should make that a moot point.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

rewards are exactly the same; you can ask for AF to be waived / reimbursed when it hits. Several have had that done as well
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Discover gives a narrow range of a few percent it is usually a solid offer. I don't think it much matters Plat or QS1 to later PC to a QS. Just treat it right and all else will fall into place eventually. If you go with Chase again go with CFU or CF. I do think they are a little more difficult to get in with as a first card. 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tigers when you say same rewards does that mean that the Platinum gets the cash back too? Couldn't find anything that said that.

And I think I would rather have a Capital One card just cause I'll be going to Europe in a few months and would like to be able to use it there. I've read Discover is not that widely accepted, if at all, over in Europe.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS and QS1 have same rewards, just QS1 has the AF. Sorry if I wasn't more clear in my other post
Message 16 of 21
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Cap1 waived my QS1 annual fee the first year, but have not waived any portion the past two years.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thanks guys. 

Also, do you think that there's a less chance of one compared to the other? A little scared of being declined twice in one week haha.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for the Platinum, got approved with a $1000 credit line! Excited to start building towards my goal of getting that United card, or a CSP. Thanks again everyone, will be spending more time in this community hopefully.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approval! 

It would be wise to spend some time here to learn all you can while you are young to avoid mistakes that will cost you and how to leverage credit to your advantage. Just be careful not to get too caught up in keeping up with the Jones or anyone else.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.