Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold - 2nd AMEX pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold - 2nd AMEX pull?

I have had my AMEX gold for about a month now. First card with AMEX in my life. Already hit the SUB and it’s become my main card for everything and will stay that way. Recently just paid the first statement off. So they have data on me with spending and paying.

I now want to try and app for the Delta Gold as I live close to a hub and would like to use benefits of the card in tandem with my Gold for flights. I plan to app in a month or so.

Is AMEX going to HP since my time is so limited with them? Or will I get lucky that my credit pull from gold is pretty new for a SP? Obviously, very YMMV. Or should I just chill for a couple months? You all are the best!

Additional data:
TU FICO when gold pulled - 666 (spooooooky)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Re: Delta Gold - 2nd AMEX pull?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had my AMEX gold for about a month now. First card with AMEX in my life. Already hit the SUB and it’s become my main card for everything and will stay that way. Recently just paid the first statement off. So they have data on me with spending and paying.

I now want to try and app for the Delta Gold as I live close to a hub and would like to use benefits of the card in tandem with my Gold for flights. I plan to app in a month or so.

Is AMEX going to HP since my time is so limited with them? Or will I get lucky that my credit pull from gold is pretty new for a SP? Obviously, very YMMV. Or should I just chill for a couple months? You all are the best!

Additional data:

+1 on your assessment of YMMV. It really depends on what the rest of your mileage looks like, so to speak. Include some of your data points so that some of these peeps could help you with that info you seek.

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 2 of 10
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Additional data:

With only 30 days history, AMEX has not begun regularly soft pulling your EX score. Chances are good that it will incur another hard pull at this time. I would wait until you have 60 to 90 days history or at least until you see your EX score updating in your AMEX account before applying for the 2nd card. After this, you will have sufficient history with AMEX that future cards will also be SP, but as always YMMV.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You sir make a very good point. I will keep up normal spending habits and payments and keep checking EX in Amex app as you suggest.

I will maybe try that sixty day mark as I know I have some upcoming spend around then. I will prepare for a possible HP and report what happens then.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice and good plan. Seems like most of what I read is that while YMMV, applications after the first 60 days of membership seem to have better chances of being approved on a SP than ones made earlier than that. Waiting til at least 60 days or two statement cuts, whichever happens later, should increase the odds that you’ll avoid a second HP.
Message 5 of 10
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Additional data:

Very similar situation to you as I got a Delta Gold first and have only paid off one statement balance so far.  I applied for Hilton Ascend a week ago and was approved with no HP.  Two caveats:  The SL on the Ascend is only $1k.  See my credit scores in my signatures.  So, YMMV may come into play as you suspect.  You may want to call their customer support line and ask them if you're that concerned about a HP.

Good luck regardless!  It's a great card.  

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting. I’m surprised you got such a low SL for your credit score and history. I would expect a 1K SL at my level. But I definitely think your longer credit history from the first pull would not worry them at all to SP.

What is your Delta Gold line like if you don’t mind me asking?
Message 7 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Sign on to your account

Click to menu

Click on cards

Click on view all cards

Click on Delta Gold card

Click on apply

If at the top of the page it says you are preapproved then I'd say go and apply

If it says expanging your experience, then odds are you wont be approved

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 10
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Very interesting. I’m surprised you got such a low SL for your credit score and history. I would expect a 1K SL at my level. But I definitely think your longer credit history from the first pull would not worry them at all to SP.

What is your Delta Gold line like if you don’t mind me asking?

I assume you were asking me Sage.  I was approved for $16.5 for the Delta Gold.  So the $1k for the Ascend was a surprise to me, but I am sure it was due to the application frequency.  A trick most of us use is that if you hover over the cards in my signature, you can see the CL for each one.  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given what AmEx gave you on the DG, if it were me, I would move some of that to the Ascend and then go for the 3x CLI on the Ascend when the window opens. You might get the full 3x depending on how much you love. It’d be worth it in my mind to move at least $4k over for a CL of $5k and then try for the 3x when the time comes, to end up with a $15k Ascend and a $12.5k DG.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.