Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for applecard. Reason???

tag
RDO
Contributor

Denied for applecard. Reason???

So I wanted to check if I could be approved for the apple card and was denied for a bank recently closed a checking or savings account.   What???  Didn't know that was a thing for denial.  I downgraded my checking from preferred to everyday checking 3 months ago.  Also it's not in my 3 major credit reports.  Has anyone had this problem?  Score they pulled from transunion was 741.

Amex Gold NSPL / Amex CS Platinum NSPL /
Amex BCE $30.6k / Amex Hilton Surpass $10k /
Amex Delta Gold $9.7k / Amex BBP $6k /
Amex Bonvoy Business $10k / C1 QS $3.2k /
C1 Venture X $19.5k / C1 Kohls $5k/
Chase unlimited $4k / Chase Sapphire $21.8k /
Chase Flex $16.8k / verizon visa $8k / Citi CCC $500 / Wells Fargo Slumberland $4.8k
max cash preferred $3k / chase prime visa $20K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for applecard. Reason???

They probably got it from ChexSystems. Go to their website and request a free report.

Message 2 of 8
RDO
Contributor

Thanks.  Just looked at it,  and I was an authorized user on my wife's credit union that was closed over 2 years ago.  She let it sit dormant.   I remembered she canceled her Netflix account, but Netflix still charged it,  and she never paid or used her account again.  Can I dispute it,  if I was an authorized user?  I never used her account.

Chase Flex $16.8k / verizon visa $8k / Citi CCC $500 / Wells Fargo Slumberland $4.8k
Message 3 of 8
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@RDO wrote:

Thanks.  Just looked at it,  and I was an authorized user on my wife's credit union that was closed over 2 years ago.  She let it sit dormant.   I remembered she canceled her Netflix account, but Netflix still charged it,  and she never paid or used her account again.  Can I dispute it,  if I was an authorized user?  I never used her account.

I would absolutely dispute it as long as you were not financially responsible for that account. Chex lets you dispute directly from their website. I have no experience disputing anything on Chex so I don't know what to tell you for turnaround time, but the nice thing about the Apple card is that as soon as the negative info is removed you can app again and you're never out the HP until you accept the offer.  Good luck getting that removed, and if you go through the process come back and share your experience as there aren't a ton of DPs surrounding disputing Chex info. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 8
Herestohoping19
New Contributor

They do regularly check chex systems so that would certainly be a thing, although I did not know they would use this as a denial. Definitely dispute through chex systems if this is inaccurate. Youll get them next time!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 702
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
RDO
Contributor

Honestly,  I wasn't bummed for the denial.  I was just curious what would I be offered,   in so far it was only a soft pull. 

However, I now know there's something on my report,  and disputed it.  Well see what happens in a about 30 days then.

Message 6 of 8
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Yep, GS checks ChexSystems and they also check Lexis Nexis as well. I know this because I have the Apple card and I recently pulled my complete reports of the Annual Reports site and saw where GS had checked those as well as TransUnion.

Message 7 of 8
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

I just pulled my TU report on annual credit report and TU (at the very bottom) has 2 boxes more. One is chexsytems. So the definitely seem to check this. 

JR
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.